Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· crazy opeler
558 Posts
Any Din sized CD player will fit, you will need to cut a little out of the dash, and Yes you will have to remove the gauge panel. If you opel never had but a stock stereo then you will need to run all of the speaker wires.

Here is a picture of how I have the speakers mounted in my car

http://icdweb.cc.purdue.edu/~blustc/images/blackstereo.jpg

There are component tweaters on the rear deck that you cannot see in the picture, and under the flap there are two amps. My car doesnt seam to have a problem with the two amps (one to power the mains, one to power the subs), an EQ, and the head unit running. So I dont think that you will have a problem with the alternator.

If that 300W box that you are refering to has the woofers and horn tweaters mouted in the same box, I think that you will be unimpressed with the sound. Opels are fairly noisy so you need a stereo that can cut through that, and those "all in one" boxes are fairly inefficient.

· crazy opeler
558 Posts
jordan said:
tell me if im wrong but does this 1/16 in. lip hold my whole cd player in? if so what is the best way to cut the guage panel this exact?
Yes thats all that holds it in, but you should bend the stock radio holder so that it supports the new CD player, the stock one weights a lot more than any aftermarket cd player.

I used a dremmel to cut mine out, doesnt have to be exatly perfect, most cd players come with a clip on cover that covers the seam between the cd player and the dash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.