Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Opel fan
357 Posts
stereo

The stereo probably has two seperate power supplies. One would be for the memory on the stereo and the other would be to power up the stereo when you turn on the ignition. Why use the wiring for the stock radio anyway? If you do that, I think the radio will only play when you have the key in the on position. That's not so good if your running points in the car.

· Opel fan
357 Posts
power antenna

The wire from the stereo is just to trip the relay for the antenna, the antenna will most likely need its own power supply. I have hooked up both power supplies to the radio from one source. I did it because I wanted to listen to the stereo without the ignition swith being in the on position. If you do have both power supplies to an always on power source, remember to turn the radio off when your done or you will have a dead battery, especially if you have amps.

· Opel fan
357 Posts
power antenna

That's the way mine worked. Sometimes it was a nuisance with the antenna coming up everytime I turned the radio on to listen to a tape. You could put a switch in the antenna relay wire so that you can control when it comes up with the radio. By the way, are you sure there is enough room in the fender well for the bulky part of the antenna ? It has to sit right below the opening in the fender, you probably don't want the antenna to be slanted in some funny direction when it comes out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.