Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright I already looked in the old posts about stereos with no luck. I want to put a cd/am/fm player in my gt and i was wondering if any one had any good models that are known to fit with little modifications. will I have to pull the dash board? what will i do with the wiring? I have a 300 watt speaker woofer combo that i want to put in the back, can i use that or will that over load the alternatoror other things?

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally I got a cd player! its a kenwood KDC-215S with a detachable face. but I was looking at the installation housing thing and it only has a 1/16 in. lip on it that stays on the outside of the guage panel, tell me if im wrong but does this 1/16 in. lip hold my whole cd player in? if so what is the best way to cut the guage panel this exact?

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have no bracket or stock radio just plastic with a rectangle and 2 holes. (i guess it was removed by the PO)

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does any one know the speaker size for the speaker window below the back window? 6 1/2 x 4 1/4 in.? thats what I got when I measured but i cant find any..anywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found the wiring schematics on the internet, but I cant figure out the electrical aspect of it completely. It has 3 electrial wires, ground, battery, and ignition so I guess my major question is can I splice the ignition wire (on the cd player) and the battery wire (constant) together? in the instructions on the net it says not to do that but im not certain if thats what they're talking about. is there an "accessories" position in the ignition switch? if there is how do I wire to it (i want to splice the ignition wire and the batt. wire together if there is no "acc" in the keyed ignition switch if that really is possible)? and im also going to have a power antennae, there is a power antennae wire in the harness but how do I hook it up? i assume that it is just the signal and not the acctual electricity it needs for it to rise, or I could be wrong. here is the website http://www.kenwoodusa.com/support/manual.jsp?divisionId=3&productId=549 scroll down a little and click on kenwood kdc-215s then click on "installation"

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the cdplayer installed, it looks good but i had to shave a little off of the trim piece because it was hitting but it still looks good. Now my only problem is my wiring questions, any takers?

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so the antenna controll wire will go to *a* wire on the antenna and the positive will go to the battery and the ground will get grounded to the frame (if possible) thats how I see it working but I will have to consult the instructions of the antenna for exact details. also will the antenna rise when I turn the stereo on and lower when I turn it off?

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the one they sell at crutchfield probily wont fit its 12.5 in. tall and auto zone sells a 11.5 inch long one that is slim and will probily fit, if it doesnt I can return it or put it on something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.