Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I never knew that the advertisements, books, key chains, masks, paint chips, that I got on Ebay would be worth anything, but now I am a believer. If you haven't already, check out all the "stuff" available for Opels on Ebay. There is just about anything you could ever want, but the price have gone through the roof. I have a 1971 and a 1970 shop manual, owners manual from every year and all kinds of key chains, and advertisements. I got them many years ago, when things were cheap. I am sure some of the old timers here probably have more than I do, but it's still fun. Can't afford anything now.

Bob

·
Über Genius
9,373 Posts
What someone wants is often not what someone is willing to pay. Just sayin'

Reactions: tealcarver

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,533 Posts
The owners manuals that are listed at like $300 have never sold. The highest I’ve seen is pristine ‘69 manuals that sold for $100. But some Opel stuff is worth over $100. I haven’t seen anything sell for insane prices.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everyone that has thing to sell that relate to Opel's gets a starting bid that is crazy. You are right, I don't think they will ever get what they have some of the stuff listed for. I love some of the parts listings where they have a speedometer for $150.00, and most of the time they don't even guarantee that it will even work. lots of rusty crap on Ebay too.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, I went on to Ebay right after my last post, got the deal of the century. A bunch of crap probably worth about $.014. These people have lost their minds,. I tried to get a picture, but they were too small to display. The pictures look like piece of wire and a few mystery parts that I have never seen before. Price? $120.00 plus $30.00 shipping. I don't have a clue what the picture contains, looks like junk to me.. Just put in Opel GT used parts and it will come up. Maybe I am being too critical, but I wouldn't buy it for $0.15 and free shipping.

Bob

·
1,752 Posts
Wow, I went on to Ebay right after my last post, got the deal of the century. A bunch of crap probably worth about $.014. These people have lost their minds,. I tried to get a picture, but they were too small to display. The pictures look like piece of wire and a few mystery parts that I have never seen before. Price? $120.00 plus $30.00 shipping. I don't have a clue what the picture contains, looks like junk to me.. Just put in Opel GT used parts and it will come up. Maybe I am being too critical, but I wouldn't buy it for $0.15 and free shipping.

Bob
I got back into the Opel GT in the mid to late 90's. Bought quite a few parts and manuals on ebay both dealer and other for reasonable prices. I have not really messed with ebay in a few years. Your thread made me go back and look at things. Dealer parts and repair manual's look to be about twice what I paid at the low end. Saw 2 steering columns for sale with keys. Both had simply been removed from GT's with nothing else done to them. One for $300 was very rough, one for $250 was somewhat better. Back in the day these may have went for $125. Even today the best of the two should run no more than $200 with shipping. If they were reconditioned and had new ignition switches then they might bring $300, Maybe.

·
Opeler
192 Posts
I guess my garage full of parts is a gold mine! I always saved parts in case I came across a manta kadett or gt that needed one. Years ago, people would stop by my house for two reasons: either to see if I had a part, or if I was interested in buying their car.

·
Opeler
1,505 Posts

Bob
Here's the link. 193560079036

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spring GT, sorry I couldn't figure it out, but you got it right, THANKS. I am glad you got the link posted, It probably lasts only until the item does not sell. Great for fixing up a GT with a price tag of $40,000.00 that also isn't worth $0.50. Oh well, it appears that the guy is selling the stuff, guess I should put some stuff for outrageous pricing and jack up the postage to $30.00 and go from there. I just hate to see people get screwed because they haven't seen a place that has NEW items for the price of the parts on Ebay. that won't work no matter what you do to them. (OGTS, Splendid, and Opels Unlimited).

Bob

·
Detritus Maximus
2,838 Posts
I spy with my little eye...a bracket for the spare tire hold down. I like this game. Okay, who goes next?

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You spy right. I have one that is in better shape and cheaper. You can have it for $50.00 plus $10.00 for shipping. What a deal. Here is the Ebay listing: 264759458569

·
Opeler
1,505 Posts
Spring GT, sorry I couldn't figure it out, but you got it right, THANKS. I am glad you got the link posted, It probably lasts only until the item does not sell. Great for fixing up a GT with a price tag of $40,000.00 that also isn't worth $0.50. Oh well, it appears that the guy is selling the stuff, guess I should put some stuff for outrageous pricing and jack up the postage to $30.00 and go from there. I just hate to see people get screwed because they haven't seen a place that has NEW items for the price of the parts on Ebay. that won't work no matter what you do to them. (OGTS, Splendid, and Opels Unlimited).

Bob
Yes, that stuff looks like he just swept his garage floor and then offered it all up for sale.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts