Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously lots of readers have looked at what I'm up to in the thread about different gear ratios for our GT's. Maybe some wonder why I have to be so picky, so frustratingly anal about some stupid gear ratio. It's for stock car racing on an asphalt oval track. The gearing has got to be just so, believe me! A little the wrong way, either way and I don't get to be the guy getting the kiss from the trophy queen. :cool:
So. Now member, racer, Joe from Oregon tells me he uses an Opel Three Speed Transmission with a second gear ratio of 1.75. This is big news, but, he doesn't know where they came from, and I've never heard of such a thing.
Please tell me all I need to know, especially where to get one! Thanks to everyone.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
jeff you are going into time warp area here as you will need to find amid/late 50's record /commodor/admiral for the 3 speed or get some one like quaife to do you a new gear set for the 4 speed

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Jeff;
I have 3 Opel 3-spd automatics piled in my garage, and a couple of torque converters, but, no flex plates.
Gene

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
gene sorry it does not say but jeffs looking for a 3 speed man box he does like a quest dont he

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Baz;
I need new glasses I guess, I thought it was a automatic he was looking for, my bad. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts