Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did opel make some sort of a tool set for any of the models? I was going thru my basement and 2 storage barns or parts that im going to be selling and found 2 identical items that Im not sure what they are for. almost looks like a door unlock kit, they are made of aluminum and are held together with a clip in the middle. 2 pieces for each one. ill post some pics once i find the camera.

·
Opel Addicts
2,468 Posts
Did opel make some sort of a tool set for any of the models? I was going thru my basement and 2 storage barns or parts that im going to be selling and found 2 identical items that Im not sure what they are for. almost looks like a door unlock kit, they are made of aluminum and are held together with a clip in the middle. 2 pieces for each one. ill post some pics once i find the camera.

Adam:

We were talking to an Opel mechanic who worked for a Buick dealer for a number of years and he told us about the tool kits. He said very few of them actually made it to the car owners. They usually ended up with the dealership personnel.

If you are interested in parting with one, we would be interested.

Vickie

·
1000 Post Club
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not a whole tool set, just one piece of what could have been part of a tool set. wish it had some markings on them but nothing at all.

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,957 Posts
The only tool set I know of, was for changing a tire

·
1000 Post Club
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just took a pic with my phone so ill post that on here when i get it in the email.

·
gogtgo
46 Posts
probably the rareist item for GT's is

I was told by Rodney Killingsworth that the GT did have a tool kit which included a screwdriver and a phillips screwdriver with plastic handles. Cheap.

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
I was told by Rodney Killingsworth that the GT did have a tool kit which included a screwdriver and a phillips screwdriver with plastic handles. Cheap.
They came in a pouch which also held the Lug wrench with a "pry-bar" end to pop your hubcaps off with. The Handles on the screwdrivers (flat and Phillips) where plastic and black in color. At one time I had one of each till the dog chewed the handle up, I may still have the Phillips around some where.

·
Super Moderator
1,802 Posts
red

I have 3 or 4 of those sets of screwdrivers, mine have always had red handles though. Maybe the GT got the "cooler" ones than the Kadetts?

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,405 Posts
I believe this kit came out of a 72 '1900'. A Pierce Arrow owner who had an Opel back in the day kept the tool kit and manuals for all these years. It is in a leather pouch and in decent condition. It is now in my possesion.

Opel tool Kit - Opel Photo Gallery

·
273 Posts
1970 GT had tool kit

My first 1970 OGT came with a tool kit. It was a fold-over pouch with zipper all the way around. Spartan, cheap tools for sure. About 10" x 11" x 2.5".
I still have the straight, black handle screw drive somewhere. The tool kit was tied down in the spare tire-jack area.

·
Trouble Maker
1,523 Posts
I've only every seen a few of these lug wrench bags, so I thought that I'd post the pic of one that I saw in a car on ebay. Seen one in pristine condition in person was blue in color and looked like it was made from the same material as the seat inserts in the GT.

Attachments

·
Living in the past
2,336 Posts
Opel Tools

The screwdriver that I know about had a brown handle and was a two way with the blade pulling out of the handle and had a straight slot on one end and a phillips on the other. It was in the lug wrench pouch when I did find one in a car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts