Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a project car to work on with my father. HE used to ahve one, and i have alwyas wanted to build one for me and him to cruise in. Im in the province of ontario adn 24, time is moving on and i really would like one. IF you have one let me know.

Must be around the 1500 dollar or under , project.

THANKS

if you can email em at

[email protected]

THANKS AGAIN

·
Super Moderator
5,992 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the group. I hope you find the car you want. I presume you are after a GT, or does the Manta or Ascona (aka 1900) fit your fancy? Maybe one of our esteemed Ontarioan members can help you out. Rob? (Redliner Robbie, master of Opels non-GT) Or John or Graham or ???

Keep an eye on your local classic AutoTrader, although these cars tended to rust quite badly down in Ontario. Or anywhere with road salt, or even rain! If you want a good body, it might be worth your while to look further afield, such as in Saskatchewan or even here in Alberta. Or better still in California or Arizona. But I suspect that a GT with a reasonably rust-free body will be somewhat more than $1500 CDN, wherever you find it. And you might try posting in the classified section here, or on OMC ( http://www.opelclub.com/ ), or as a general post on the classicopels site at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/classicopels

HTH

·
115 Posts
Well the only Opels I have seen so far here in Ottawa are Graham's and my own. If I see any that may be in the price range requested I will be sure to post it here in the thread.

By the way, Keith, did you ever receive my recent email about the Weber carb request?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YEs im lookign for an Opel GT. I saw a pair of them in niagara falls for 1500 a year or so back , There was more than enough to build one really decnt car, . As for body work, me and my father used to own a body shop , so that doesnt bother me. I just need a car to start working with.

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
LOL< you need to hang around with Katheryn McCoy out of Alberta, she seems to attract them like a magnet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

WEll id really rather nto have to drive to michigan, i did see that one , noce car, but the reserve ahs not been met, and it can be bought fo 895 so its got a ways to go yet.

Does opels unlimited have a website?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hahah i jsut realized ive been making a new thread every time instead of just replying, lol. ANywya, where on that site for opels unlimited are the cars for sale?? OR do i jsut email them??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Go to Opels Unlimited"s web site. It is a real mess and if you see anything that is interesting you will have to contact them. There is a section for cars for sale and also some cars in the sales section. However as I said the site is really very limited.
Rick

·
Registered
21 Posts
Opels Unlimited has opels from 500 bucks on up.. Todd has a small army of GTs on his lot. Olny problem is if you don't wanna drive to MI to get a GT, CA is a whole lot further to come to get a beater or junker. Todd does have some nice complete GTs in the 5K to 8K range. Phone is on his website.. later you call the better, I normaly get a hold of him after 10 PM PST.

-Sean

1 - 20 of 23 Posts