Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you bibliophiles out there, anyone familiar with this book by Karl Ludvigsen and published by Automobile Quarterly in 1975 and again in 1979, a revised edition by Paul Frère? Hadn't seen that one before. Very excellent Opel history book!

Just got one last week as a gift, among many other things, from Keith Price, Director of Sales and Marketing at AutoWeek. There's a whole story with the why's and wherefor's that goes with this which I don't have time to relate right now.

Suffice it to say that Keith raced his bronze '75 1900 in ITB class at Waterford Hills for several seasons in the late '80s and finished second in '88 and first in '89. Remember the article in your December 1988 (Vol. 7, No. 4) OPEL U.S.A. newsletter, Rallye Bob?

:D

·
Super Moderator
13,812 Posts
Yup Otto, I have numerous copies of the old Opel USA newsletters from the early/mid '80's onward, so I'm sure I have a copy of that issue somewhere. I think I'm also the one of the few to have a complete collection of Joe Pavlack's Opel newsletter before Charles Goin took it over and it became the OANA. I'll have to scan all those one of these days.

And yes, Wheels to the World is an excellent reference book, the photos of the Opels over the past 100 years are the best I've seen in print. My favorite Opel book has to be the Opel in Motorsport book with the Ascona 400 emphasis though....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts