Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We recently had a great evening of highbank oval action. We timed in third fastest, won the trophy dash, took third in the A heat, and third in the Main Event! The two fastest cars did not lap me, another first.
One more race to go, then our season is over... Am trying to persuade the track owners to put a big dome over Raceway Park so we can have fun year-round... :cool:

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
thats awesome jeff, your gonna put our little opels on the map the way your going. congrats on the trophy, its great that a smaller engined car with less racing heritage than the other cars comes from behind, with a fresh driver at that!!! next year your gonna whomp them boys and show em what its about!!!

·
478 Posts
Fantastic, glad to hear you are doing well.There is a yellow GT that races out here at Rocky Moutain Raceway that is very fast.I can't wait for my car to be ready and take it out.

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
:) Way to go Jeff! Not only is it fast, but it's pretty too!

Best of luck next year. :cool:

Allen

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Good job! I just can't think of getting out there and driving my car that hard. I am always scared I will hurt it. Keep up the speed and keeping Opels on the map.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the support and help! People who witness the races tell me it is obvious that with a little more horsepower I could rule the track. I've learned how to "slingshot" into the turns, if the car in front of me screws up just a bit I am around him instantly at the apex. Otherwise I have to hit the brakes and try again next turn. No car goes into the corner harder than mine! Now if it would just pull harder down the straights... When setup is right, stagger perfect, the car literally steers itself around the track except at about the center of the straight, I have to hold the wheel a bit to the right to get next to the wall before diving down into the turn. Through the corner the steering wheel only needs a quarter of a turn. What a joy to drive!!
Also for next year I want my own wheel scales. Front end setup is so hard, so time consuming, that I can only guess at spring adjustments, then go to the track and weigh it hoping it is right.
Knock on wood, one race to go, if I can do well one more time I am "Rookie of the Year"! What a great honor, I've had excellent competition with three other rookies, one of them has been able to beat me but never by more than one spot.
Dallas, do feel free to come run our track with us, but please, only as the Pace Car, ok? :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts