Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Opel Key Master
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the OMC ever going to get opelclub.com back up and going??? Anyone know what all is going on with that? I haven't read anything in the Blitz about it recently.
Keith

·
Registered
29 Posts
howdy

hi, i just wanted to say what a sweet ass car you have. I saw all the pictures of it on ebay. whoever wins the bid is getting a hell of a deal. Did you do all the work yourself? Where did you get a fan shroud like that? anyways just givin huge props on your car

·
Opel Key Master
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
change of sub, but back at it

Thanks,I built the car, made the shroud out of S/S. Wasn't nothing difficult to make. But again, does anyone know what is going on with opelclub.com?

·
Administrator
10,213 Posts
The new site is in beta right now. Content is being added to it. Once the graphics and content are there it will switch over.

When the site was moved to a new server, all the old databases and programs did not work because the new site ran on newer software.

The forum program is just a temporary holdover 'til the new site is up. What is being tossed around is a secure section for members only with the Blitz on-line, online registration, a scaled down forum, web space for chapters and a OMC Photo Gallery.

OMC members who would like to comment or help with the beta test can contact me.

·
648 Posts
Gary,

You have developed this into such a great site, I can't see the advantage to another similar site. What will be different about that one?
Jc

·
Opel Key Master
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
opelclub.com

opelclub.com is the OMC club site. The plus about it is that people just starting online will be able to join that club, and many times I have found stuff posted for sale and wanted there, that would be no where else. Its just another source sometimes.
Keith

·
Administrator
10,213 Posts
N61WP said:
Gary,

You have developed this into such a great site, I can't see the advantage to another similar site. What will be different about that one?
Jc
Thanks. Wait 'till vB3 and the updated Portal are released, the speed and functionality of this site will increase 10 fold. The online registry is getting closer to reality and tech articles with photos included will be able to be uploaded from your pc. Plus you will be able to receive posts via email instead of visiting the site.

Opelclub.com is the OMC site. We owe a lot to that core group of LA Opelers who have kept the club going for the past 23 years, long before we had instant answers via the 'net. The site will promote the club and have info about OMC, an online color version of the blitz (maybe), OMC and OMC chapter events, and Ad board and photos of OMC events.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Old Thread

This is an old, outdated 2003 thread, but this year 2008 post is intended to be a reply for those who may have found this thread via it's #6 google search result (under "opelclub").

The OMC site at Opel Motorsports Club was revamped with a completely different format in 2005, with tech upgrades and occasional updates occurring through 2006-2007. Time and expertise permitting, additional upgrades will continue later in 2008.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts