Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is up for running in the autocross at Carlisle in May?
It's usually run on Sunday morning on their on site track.

We could try to set a U.S. record for the most Opels racing in one day. The (only) known modern day record of 4 was set last fall in Devens, MA. (Details in the NEOC Forum)

Any takers?

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
whats the date for carlisle?

i would go by a lot of opelers along the way..

would i drive my car or pull it?

its a 1,ooo miles ..one way...

maybe i will come.

Attachments

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
I was hoping to go but when I took a quick look at the schedule a few days ago it wasn't listed. They had an SCCA drivers school listed. Even if they did run it, I can't be certain I'd make it as Laura is expecting our first child around the 15th...

-Travis

·
1,973 Posts
what is required to race? any scca driving classes? is it a track or a parking lot set up?

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
I was planning on skipping Carlisle or going without the GT due to the disapointing progress that I have made through the winter.

But with this much enthusiasm, and the possibility of some racing while I am there, I might go "as is"... that is if it makes it.

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Back in '96, I was trying to get my GT restoration finished in time for Carlisle when I noticed I was starting to take short cuts in order to get it done in time. It reached a point where I put the wrenches down and walked away from it 'till after the show.

I took the time to do it right and the next year it won the "Best GT" award. (Excelsior has that on tape somewhere)

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
When I say "disapointing progress" I actually mean that I never started...

So that means that I am pretty much where I was when I bought the car, runs fine, stops ok, and starts most of the time. I did fix the gas leak in the vent hoses though :D

They say that there will be times in life that you have when you have money. There will be times when you have plenty of free time. But will never have both money and free time...

How come I have neither?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
MadHatter, here's how it worked for me. I gained a little money each time one of my 4 daughters turned 18 and left home. Then I retired, my income shrank and now I have more time than I know what to do with, almost.:D

Ron

·
335 Posts
I could be "talked" into a little racing. I sold my sprint car last year and my racing "low level light" is on steady! What is required to enter the race? My car is bone stock and will need a little head start......... just to be fair you understand.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts