Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So..a new post as the old post had a lot of noise. Also a lot of new news. So best to start fresh. This page will be to answer questions, and help with orders and keep everyone updated.

I am working with my partner in Poland ( Rav ) and OpelGTParts ( Patrick Suselbeek ) to bring over a crate of all the hard to source and harder to import parts that he has reproduced and we can't currently get here.

Here is the deal on GT windshields after talking to Patrick Suselbeek and Gil​
#1 - Gil is getting his from Splendid, when he has no idea. Soon as the old joke goes.
#2 - Gil would like it if I get some on the east coast so people can have the option to pick them up instead of shipping.
#3 - Gil is NOT getting the door glass or the rear heated glass nor the sheetmetal ( Although he maybe joining in on the order )
Here is the deal on MANTA Windshields - Same price as the GT Windshields.

He is looking for Ascona Windshields and Kadett. But so far no luck on the Kadett. Also I will be importing 2 Calibra windshields too.

The below prices reflect the deduction of VAT tax and the current exchange rate ( with fees ) and are an example of the overall cost reduction. Basically 5% off the EURO cost is your cost in USD. Anything he sells you want, I will bring over.

But no order should cost more than $300 to ship to the US including Customs.
( That would be someone ordering a full set of glass and sheetmetal ).

$250 ( if you order a Windshield AND other parts )
$200 an order ( Windshield Only )
$150 ( Only Sheetmetal and misc.. )

SMALL Parts in his catalog that are small or weigh will be free with larger order. If you ONLY want small and delicate items ( Window trim, etc.. ) that will be on a case by case basis.

Now the key to making this all work is us buying in bulk and having Rav come up from Poland and pickup a prepackaged crate to take and go with my next order of engines and transmissions. If there are not enough orders, the parts will have to shipping to Zittau to Rav to go out and that could cost more.

Speaking of Transmissions and engines. We will have 3 Rebuilt Getrag 240s to go with this order ( WIth shifters ) $3600 - If you want a 2.4L or 2.2L let me know we are always on the look out but have no inventory yet to go to the US. So cost is an unknown.

To make things simple, an easy way to do this is go to: Home page - Suselbeek Opel GT Parts Shop and fill out your shopping cart.

Then cut and paste it into an email to me and I will get you the US pricing, and add in shipping.

I will take payment via PayPal (F&F), Cash App, Venmo, Zelle, etc.. and then pay Patrick for everyone at one time.

We will have to have your orders by June 29th. That is when I will be leaving for Europe and will give them time to get the crate ready for us to pick up while in the Netherlands visiting Patrick, and with the crate ready Rav will drive up.

Preferred Payment plan will be 50% NOW, 50% by July 10th no later, and then the shipping costs when it arrives in US Customs.

This way everyone is invested in their parts, but we also share the "risk". Because you might be shocked to know only one going to make much of anything on this will be Rav.. for his time and costs. If you need time to pay thats fine to as mentioned before minimum would be 10% down now, and the other 40% July 1st, with final 50% payment when we ship from Germany ( Expect that to be sometime around early August ).

We just need to know your committed. JUST like my engines or transmission orders. The space is limited in the crate and I do my best to fill it up with parts people have already committed to at minimum, or purchased outright. I don't have the storage of Gil or Todd, so keeping stock for more than my own projects is not something I tend to do.

1-804-503-0249 Feel free to call me or you can email me [email protected] as well.

If I don't pick up leave a message or text me.

·
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We have 4 orders, 1 more order and we should have what we need minimum to go with the order.

Reactions: itb gt

·
Über Genius
9,801 Posts
Reactions: GoinManta

·
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How often do you do this? Once a year ?
I do a crate once a year roughly. It takes 4 months to get everything together, and then 1 to 4 months to deliver. Often it depends on DHL..

But yea, once a year on average.

Reactions: DavidF1972

·
Registered
5 Posts
Text message sent to the above number.

Just bought a 70 GT recently, and was looking for info and some sheet metal parts to fix some rust and body damage and found this thread.

Hope to be able to get in on the group buy for some parts I need.

Thanks!

Jim F

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the above phone number may be a typo.

Found another post where 2 digits are transposed. Left a voicemail message on the other number. Will also text my original message to the number from the older post.

·
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the above phone number may be a typo.

Found another post where 2 digits are transposed. Left a voicemail message on the other number. Will also text my original message to the number from the older post.
Yep.. fixing now.. 804-503-0249

Reactions: fjm568

·
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like the order is a solid go and shipping prices are holding steady.

Building a spreadsheet for everyone now.

If I have talked to you, but haven't given you a order number ( 8- whatever.. ). Contact me. I do not think I have missed anyone, but had a LOT of phone calls and a LOT of talks with people. So the chances I missed someone as I wasnt able to take notes at the time is possible.

We do have a line on A 2.4L and hope to import 3 or 4 rebuilt Getrags. So if interested get with me sooner than later.

Deadline for glass pickup and such is JULY 1st !! It is HIGHLY recommended if your interested to get it on order by June 29th. The day I leave for europe. Less chance of missing something, than if you wait until the last minute.

·
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Intentionally left blank - as you cant delete posts now apparently ?

·
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shoudl note a Windshield ONLY order is $410 ( with shipping and customs to Virginia ). BUT if you order more parts, the shipping stays the same. So you can order the rubber, and inserts and others stuff to go with the windshield and not worry about extra shippign costs.

·
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As noted we are a good and shipping costs are solid.

We need to know if ANYONE else is interested no later than JUNE 29th. The last day I am in the US, from that point on I will be in europe and then going to Suselbeek to get the crate.

·
Über Genius
9,801 Posts
I'm going to wait until results from a MRI come back. Should have plenty of time before the 29th.

Reactions: GoinManta

·
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I sent you an email (I hope I did it right) for buying a windshield for my GT.
Got email and replied...

For everyone else we have a week left. Let me know if you planning on it or not. RIght now I am assuming we are done for now with orders.

WE can still take them.. but to be honest we have almost 20 windshields at this point and its getting close to time to close the order due to space.

Reactions: Autoholic

·
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Exactly one week left and new orders are still coming in.

If your on the fence, it would behoove you to get your order to me sooner than later. I am really getting close to having to close this crate up due to space restrictions.

Those that paid a deposit on the order. Please get the other half in as soon as you can. So I can pay Suselbeek when we pick up the 11th.

·
Opeler
725 Posts
Ok, going on the website to look for goodies now. Just want to be sure on shipping costs. You say above shipping cost for windshield is $200 and the windshield is $210 so $410 total to VA. Extra stuff on top of that would be the cost of the item only as the $200 shipping would cover.

"Should note a Windshield ONLY order is $410 ( with shipping and customs to Virginia ). BUT if you order more parts, the shipping stays the same. So you can order the rubber, and inserts and others stuff to go with the windshield and not worry about extra shipping costs."

Time to go shopping!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts