Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently made some Awesome looking Coffee Mugs that I am offering to our members. 10oz Coffee Mugs white with black trim Front side: Outline of Opel GT in black, Back Side: Opel Blitz in black, pretty cool looking your costs $8.00 plus shipping. If interested private message me with your e-mail and zip code,Qty, and I'll send you a Paypal invoice quote. (Just a note:USPS flat rate box $12.35 I think fits 4 Mugs FWIW) hope you all enjoy this new version of my Coffee Mugs IT's (I'm) CRAZY new artwork.Only made Limited supplies Lets see how this goes first.
This Will only make your coffee taste better lol

Attachments

·
Über Genius
8,874 Posts
im gonna have to start drinking coffee just so i can buy one! Looks cool!
Or maybe you could just get one to drink prune juice from. PLEASE! Drink some prune juice!

·
Über Genius
8,874 Posts

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
You liking me is all I live for.

how about, to show respect to our fellow Opelers we make a pact that I will never comment on your threads and you stay away from mine? and not comment on one another's comments unless it is to actually help one another?

Ill leave you alone, and youll return the favor? Im agreed all in. toodleoo

·
Über Genius
8,874 Posts
how about, to show respect to our fellow Opelers we make a pact that I will never comment on your threads and you stay away from mine? and not comment on one another's comments unless it is to actually help one another?

Ill leave you alone, and youll return the favor? Im agreed all in. toodleoo
Sounds boring.
I'll live my life free, thankyouverymuchfortheoffer.

·
Opeler
1,742 Posts
I recently made some Awesome looking Coffee Mugs that I am offering to our members. 10oz Coffee Mugs white with black trim Front side: Outline of Opel GT in black, Back Side: Opel Blitz in black, pretty cool looking your costs $8.00 plus shipping. If interested private message me with your e-mail and zip code,Qty, and I'll send you a Paypal invoice quote. (Just a note:USPS flat rate box $12.35 I think fits 4 Mugs FWIW) hope you all enjoy this new version of my Coffee Mugs IT's (I'm) CRAZY new artwork.Only made Limited supplies Lets see how this goes first.
Well, I never...

I was gonna flag this as Spam,,, Trying to sell some junk on the forum....

Oh I had a whole rant to unload.

Then I realized I could not type it, because my hands were too busy getting out my credit card, to order one.

Cause I want one, and I owe about a dozen folks here, something, for helping me out last year.

Honestly, the only thing wrong with your offer, is the shipping price.

Figure out a way to do it for about half that price, and I'll order a half dozen.

Or, if not, I'll order ten if you give me a bulk discount, and I'll remail them from here in Texas.

Lets see, 2 or 3 to Jorja, I owe them boyz, one to the guy in the fishy smelling place in Viskonsin, one to Mr high in the mountains, one to the Nazi in the crime capitol state, one to the guy in Arizona, who I think of everytime I rip through a corner like a bat out of hell, (he sent me my front gas shocks) and one to Gary, for funding this madness, and giving us all a place to play.

Oh, and they should be at Carlisle.

·
Senior Contributor
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ended Forum Sale

Just wanted to see if there still is any interest with Opel Coffee Cups and New Opel T-shirts (was a new design) and hats on the forum.
Good thing I didn't make a ton of stuff like last time, a get stuck ( like the jackets) Just have Cups
Well at least I have enough for my friends and family and my British Sports Car Club.
If you want something Opel related Good Luck
I have to remember that am dealing with Opelers. A whole different breed than regular classic car owners. So that's it, done......and we want to talk about spamming the forum..what about Opels Unreachable??
What stock I have left I'll bring to Carlisle, This was my last attempt. I don't know what I was thinking:pat:

·
Über Genius
8,874 Posts
Just wanted to see if there still is any interest with Opel Coffee Cups and New Opel T-shirts (was a new design) and hats on the forum.
Good thing I didn't make a ton of stuff like last time, a get stuck ( like the jackets) Just have Cups
Well at least I have enough for my friends and family and my British Sports Car Club.
If you want something Opel related Good Luck
I have to remember that am dealing with Opelers. A whole different breed than regular classic car owners. So that's it, done......and we want to talk about spamming the forum..what about Opels Unreachable??
What stock I have left I'll bring to Carlisle, This was my last attempt. I don't know what I was thinking:pat:
It appears you missed the humor and compliment in lowkey's post. He was saying what an awesome job you did on the mugs.

I'm sorry you didn't get the response you were expecting, or hoping for.

For what it's worth, I think the Opel mugs look awesome. Having said that, I only possess a single coffee mug and it was given to me. As far as mugs go, I just won't buy one from anyone for any reason.

Also, since I'm giving you input I will add some helpful advice.

You appear to have not tested your market audience. It's not about the love for the subject, nor is it about the type of the product. Rather it's about how much money people will spend on the product you are offering.

In this case you are offering badged coffee mugs and Tshirts. Twenty years ago the coffee mugs were all the rage. These days people drink swill from a place like Starbucks and they don't bring in their coffee mugs. I store spare change and zipties in my only mug.
This doesn't mean there aren't people that buy mugs. It also doesn't mean people won't buy badged mugs. In fact, as you surmise, you will sell more mugs if they are branded. That's part of why you badged them, right?

The problem is that, with the limited number of people who use mugs, and the limited number of OPEL people who use mugs, you are competing with your customer base. So that leaves one more criteria. Price.

You see, that's where you lost me. The price.

Yes, I know people buy mugs all the time and I know they might spend as much as you are asking, but there are thousands of places in anyone's life that they can get a "mug" for less than $5. That means that the logo has to have an importance of at least $3 plus shipping, per mug.

And the same goes for the Tshirts.

Here is my suggestion. Place a mug, or set of mugs, on Ebay and start the bidding at a penny. See where it ends. Do the same with an XL Tshirt.

I guarantee you that there are more people looking on Ebay daily at Opel stuff than in this forum. People tend to go to the forum for talking about Opel stuff and NOT buying stuff. Ebay, on the other hand, is where people go to BUY stuff.

Once you have a final price for your mug and Tshirt, your sweet spot for sales will be 70% of that. More and you will have less buyers. Less and you will make less money.

Just a thought.

·
Opeler
1,742 Posts
It appears you missed the humor and compliment in lowkey's post. He was saying what an awesome job you did on the mugs.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Heck, I offered to buy ten if we could figure out the shipping.

But, your right, them Opelers is cheap.

That includes me btw, before anybody gets the feelings hurt.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Great Mugs - Thanks!

Got my mugs. Love them. Look great.

Thanks for the super fast delivery, too.

·
Senior Contributor
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sold Out

I want to thank all who have purchased from me, I am presently Sold Out ( out of stock) I only made a small amount of Cups. The Cups are collectable one of a kind weather you drink coffee, juice or just need a cup for your desk.
So when I reordering the more I buy the less it costs... If anybody thinks am going to get rich doing this you are very mistaken. I do this as a favor to fellow Opelers, and try to break even everytime...

I have another small order pending of Awesome Opel Cups (different images and Cups)
and I'll post them and the costs when they arrive in a few weeks.

I will take preorders on the sold out mugs, using paypal, If there still interest, but will take time for them to be made. (2) cups for $15 ....shipping flat rate $12.35 for all orders ...(box could fit more than 4 cups)
(4) Cups w/shipping $42.35 FWIW If your interested send me your email P/M and I'll send you a invoice.

Again Thanks All enjoy your new Coffee Cups and Your Opel GT

1 - 20 of 86 Posts