Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,403 Posts
OMG - Is it already time for "wash/rinse/repeat" in another year? I feel like I just came back from the last show. Haven't even cleaned my car yet ...

Dieter

·
Can Opeler
3,474 Posts
Lol I’m still tired from pulling that gigantic trailer 3000 miles!

Reactions: GoinManta

·
Über Genius
9,373 Posts
I'm one of those people who see Carlisle, and always want to go but, somehow, I never even know the dates or where it is.

Read about it dozens of times but have no clue.

Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm one of those people who see Carlisle, and always want to go but, somehow, I never even know the dates or where it is.

Usually held on the third weekend in May in Carlisle PA. This year it is from May 17-19.
Carlisle Fairgrounds is like an automotive mecca. Vendors cover the entire grounds in the Spring and Fall Swap Meets. Specialty and marque specific events are held throughout the Summer.

Import & Performance

4,231 Posts
For me,Carlisle PA is a must do as a Opelholic:yup:
And I hope I can make it a second one in my life!
To meet people with the same idears is the greatest what you can do!
Oh oh I want back this feeling:veryhappy

Attachments

·
Senior Contributor
5,048 Posts
Hmmm....maybe this year if I can coordinate it I will come with no Opel but with a whole bunch of parts to sell in the back of my truck. I have to clear out the attic at work which is my storage space for Opel parts because on Dec 31 I will be fully retired. Have to discuss this with the Boss.......Don't suppose they would mistake a Ford Lightning for an Opel so I could park with everyone....:ugh:

Reactions: slracer

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,403 Posts
For me,Carlisle PA is a must do as a Opelholic:yup:
And I hope I can make it a second one in my life!
To meet people with the same idears is the greatest what you can do!
Oh oh I want back this feeling:veryhappy
Fly down to my place in GA together with Rainer, and we all drive up together! Roadtrip!!!

Dieter

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
If Norbert will be there, then I will be there!!!!

Reactions: opellane

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,269 Posts

I'd really like to meet you! My Christmas wish shall now be that you can find a way to come to Carlisle 2019.

:veryhappy

·
Registered
77 Posts
Man, I really want to go!! Now that I moved from San Francisco to Grand Rapids, MI it would "only" be a 9 hour drive one way. I could either trailer or just drive one of my Opels. Both my GT and Manta made it all the way from SF to Vegas this year and then did the whole 50th anniversary tour without any major problems. A total of about 2400 miles in 10 days.
Maybe I'll leave the wife and kids at home this time:cool:

·
Opeler
754 Posts
Man, I really want to go!!
Hello Oliver! I hope you're settled in and doing well in MI. You should definitely come to Carlisle. I've gone every year since 2004 and only on rare occasions was there another MI Opeler attending. There's always a great bunch of Opel people there.

Keep an eye on this thread. In past years the Gages from OH have invited to people stay over at their house Thurs. night and caravan together to Carlisle Fri. AM. I think it's about 300 miles from their house not far outside Akron to Carlisle.

In recent years I've usually been in NY state by then so I travel solo down rt 81 to Carlisle.

·
Über Genius
9,373 Posts
I'd really like to meet you! My Christmas wish shall now be that you can find a way to come to Carlisle 2019.

:veryhappy
Me?

I'm nothing special. I've even been told I smell funny.

I WILL have six weeks of vacation saved up... hmmmm

Looks like a lot of hotels are already booked out for that weekend.

Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Can Opeler
3,474 Posts
Me?

I'm nothing special. I've even been told I smell funny.

I WILL have six weeks of vacation saved up... hmmmm

Looks like a lot of hotels are already booked out for that weekend.
You’ll be able to get a room. Don’t sweat that too much. I waited until April last year and had my pick of hotels online, but I still stayed at the days inn North where the other opelers stay. I think it was like $99 a night.

·
Über Genius
9,373 Posts
You’ll be able to get a room. Don’t sweat that too much. I waited until April last year and had my pick of hotels online, but I still stayed at the days inn North where the other opelers stay. I think it was like $99 a night.
Looks like it would be $1122 if I booked today for Fly in Thursday, out on Monday, with a car rental.

Hmmmm

1 - 20 of 135 Posts