Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Hemmings Motor New for September 2005 and boy did I have a surprise. Not 1, not 2, not 3 items on Opels but 4 (3 photos and 1 write up). The write up was on a 1950's Caravan station wagon. The photos were from the 2005 Carlisle Import Nationals. The original 1.1 liter Green GT was one of the first photos in the write up of the Nationals, then there was the 1984 Opel Sentor CD ( Do we know anyone with one :rolleyes: ) , and then a group photo with four opels in it (Manta, two GTs and a Kadett). The group photo had the caption "The Opel club managed a good turnout;...."

It look like we are starting to get some respect. I think a lot has to do with this web site.

Thank you Gary!!!

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i gotta get one now!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
Rick;
If you don't have a scanner, bring that article to my house and we'll scan it for the site.
Gene

·
Opeler
101 Posts
Great , I think!,, Just read on the most wanted vehicles to be stolen,, and the Opel GT is not on the list, :rolleyes: , but after all the press on it ,,, I hope it doesn't make the list next year... :eek:

So keep an eye on your GT,, mater of fact , stick it under your pillow at night. :D

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
benncojr said:
It look like we are starting to get some respect. I think a lot has to do with this web site.

Thank you Gary!!!
Ahemmm... :rolleyes:

I will have to get a copy too.. ;)

But, I would like to think its a combination of things...

Maybe Hemmings did that as a precursor to us working with Carlisle Productions on highlighting the Opel Marquee next year. We will be after all celebrating our 10th anniversary as the OANA at Carlilse next year. :eek:

Charles

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
It's only $6.00 at your local Barnes and Nobles. I went out at lunch at got mine. It is the September issue. My GT didn't make it, but another yellow one which was next to the Broadspeed Manta did :)
Jeff

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BQS4 said:
Rick;
If you don't have a scanner, bring that article to my house and we'll scan it for the site.
Gene
Gene,
I would love to come by with the artical but....I am on the other side of Atlanta (after that crash on 285 took me 2 hr to get to work). I will try to get it scaned at work and then post it and the photos tomarrow (Friday).

That way everyone will see the photos and the very short artical (I may type the artical in tonight).

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
duvel said:
But for the European members is a scan really useful
That's right. I was thinking locally, not globally. :p

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,406 Posts
Hemmings ad

Speaking of Hemmings, I just searched their site for Opels for sale, since I'm in the market. There's a guy on there with a 73 GT. He's wants $25,000 for it! :eek: Of course, he did say it's negotiable.

·
Car Nut
65 Posts
Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car

I Just bought the First issue of Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car,

Cover Story: Top 20 Sports Cars Under $15K >>> #10 is .... Opel GT

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts