Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is getting close to being warm out again and I am making plans for OPEL'S IN MY YARD,:lmao: I am going to try for June 7th. That is a Sat. I am going to try and get a day that is not to hot and not to cold.
It will be as long as someone is here. no time limit. All day long I will supply the food and drink. And hope for a lot of Opel conversation. This is open with or without a car, just interest in Opels. You can even bring something other than an opel. I am about 45 miles North of Indianapolis In. and maybe 120 miles South of Chicago, Just off of I-65, small town,750 peeps, pretty easy to find, zip 46035, for map quest. TX# here is 765-430-6921
for any one who is interested, if you look in my photo's there is past event there
Once again I am seeing what interest I get by starting this thread. it is still a long way away, but it will be here before you know it. any one having anything to sell or give away can bring it also. this year I will be giving away an Opel as a door prize, so to speak. I will talk about that later:eek:. so if there is any interest in this, reply here and am looking forward to this year.

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,402 Posts
Sounds good to me.
Start time about 11:00 am?

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anytime

11:00 is great, But anytime is OK with me, well allmost, Long as it is daylight:haha:

·
1,708 Posts
Paul
A couple of things to look at before you lock this in. Carlisle is very close to that time and Connie and I hope to be in Germany that weekend.
John

·
Opel Addicts
2,464 Posts
That is Carlisle Weekend.

Vickie

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
change

Thanks everyone on the on the input. If you look at the start I have changed
the date to the first weekend in June. Sat.June 7th:haha: Now we can work with that. I always forget about Pa.:banghead: Hope this works better, I have air in the garage. :cool:

·
Vendor
2,668 Posts
Yep...

Hey Paul,
I always look forward to our get togethers in Colfax. Bigger and better every year. Count me in!
Ron in Indy

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pulling it up

Just thought I would pull this up for some more peeps to see, It is still 4 months away, but the time will go quick.:haha:. Hope for a good turnout this year, I still have to get a picture of the OPEL I will give as a door prize this year. will keep it posted:lmao:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Peru is in!

My dad and I will be down if the women don't have other ideas. How many Hoosiers end up showing? Sounds good.

·
1,708 Posts
Paul
I had planned to post sooner. I think you have come up with a great time for this. I would think this could be a really great spring event in the midwest. Connie and I should be able to make it unless work gets in the way.

·
Opeler
1,768 Posts
It's on my calendar. Hope to shanghai a kid or wife.

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
yard

Hope to have a few more people here this year, It seems to get a little bigger each year, i think we had 8 cars and about a dozen people here last year, I have a big yard that can stand a lot more cars and peeps. Oh about the Opel I will give as a door prize, WILLIS hit the nail on the head as I bought it from him about 2 or so years ago from him:lmao: Oh ya , Not just Indiana people. any where is welcome. We have had Ohio, Ill. Mi. Mo. So where ever you are from Welcome

·
Registered
88 Posts
Paul,

Yes, June will be here before you know it. You know that I will plan on coming once a date is finalized. Hopefully, if I have knee surgery in late spring, I will recover enough to drive my Opel working the clutch. June shouldn't be too hot, but you know how the weather can be in Indiana. Yes, lets fill your large yard with Opels. Perhaps in mid September, we could have an Opel gathering at the Apple-Popcorn Festival in Brookston. For the past two years now, Haulinss.com has had a car show at the festival with only one Opel...mine! Take care. I'll call you sometime soon; you need to fill me in on progress on your 71 GT! Hmm, door prize huh?

Randy S in Brookston

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Afternoon- I have been a member of this board for a while, however I don't know that i've ever posted anything. I would like to come to your event this summer. I live in Valpo. and have always liked the Opel GT. I have several other cars and am thinking of adding a GT to the stable. Are there typically cars for sale at your event? At 45 miles north of Indy, are you close to Crawfordsville??

Thank You-

Geffen928

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Close

I am just off of SR 52 two miles north of SR 28 in a town called Colfax, Pretty easy to find. just go to map quest and look for zip 46035, Or call me at 765-430-6921. :haha: This is open to any one that likes Opels. not just owners
and you can bring anything to it, Or just yourself. I think someone had one for sale one time. You just never know. Valpo is north if I think right, Easy to get here, stright up 65 to 28. if you need more info just post or call:)

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,402 Posts
Better get a GPS. Lots of cornfields in Ind.

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@ months away

Thought I would bring this up front again. 1st. Sat. in June is coming pretty fast,So I thought I would remind everyone about this Get together at my house in North central Indiana, Or my yard as it states. Just a thought, you don't even have to bring an opel, Just yourself. Watch this date:haha:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts