Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(...Indiana, that is)

Paul (lezliewk) and I established a beachhead at the local car show, where the existence of Opels was thought to be just a rumor. I upped a few pics to my member's album if you want to see the first wave of the Opel invasion. Next year we're hoping for some reinforcements from the other area Opelers, including the Manta batallion! :D
Ron in Indy
http://opelgt.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=15847

·
Registered
35 Posts
While driving through the village (Zionsville) on Saturday, I was shocked to see 2 GTs in a town I thought void of Opels. I kid with my wife that I should start, and be the sole member of the Zionsville Opel Club. Now I must give up my presidency to the owner of those two gorgeous GTs, as my Mantas are not nearly as pretty.

How many other Opels are secertly in Zionsville Indiana?

Jeff

·
802 Posts
Hey jtodd, You don't have to go far for more opel's. I am in Colfax. there is one in lebanon.One in Brookston, A couple in Indy, that is the close ones I know about. Of course there are a lot around the states around Indiana as I found out at the Colfax show in Aug. Mi. Il. Mo. Someday we will have to all get togeather :D

·
Vendor
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jtodd said:
While driving through the village (Zionsville) on Saturday, I was shocked to see 2 GTs in a town I thought void of Opels. I kid with my wife that I should start, and be the sole member of the Zionsville Opel Club. Now I must give up my presidency to the owner of those two gorgeous GTs, as my Mantas are not nearly as pretty.

How many other Opels are secertly in Zionsville Indiana?

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
Did you stop by the show, or were you just driving through? I'm surprised that I haven't spotted your Manta yet. I have the orange '70 and yellow '73 GT. Paul's car is the black '69.
Let me know if you want to stop by sometime. I am right in the village, just a couple blocks from where the show was held.
Ron in Indy

·
Vendor
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
calvin said:
hey! I don't recall seeing anything posted about a show first... of course I have a lot of trouble recalling most anything these days...but still this was a posted opel event?
Calvin,Just a small show, and definitely not worth the trek from St. L.
I'll definitely be at the Cofax show next year. Sorry I missed that one this year, but I had some ""brake issues" :eek:
Ron in Indy

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
Small shows are not bad... Leaving at 5am gives me a chance to blow out some carbon...

try and make the springfield il show. (next weekend) either sat or sun or both If we are lucky there might be 15-20 opel's.... people are coming from ks, mo il in mi mn ws iw and even OHIO!

this is the big one the closest thing we have to a carlise or the Ca Opel picnic

there will be about 2000 cars but we might be the largest single brand club

c

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ron
I saw your two GTs while driving through the village. I am surprised I have not seen them in the past. I have lived there for the last 5 years. Unless you have been in my garage, you have not seen my Mantas, although I hope to have my 73 road-worthy as soon as I have time to go through it. I will stop by some Saturday to oogle over your cars.

Jeff

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
Ron, The Orange GT, is it a Arlington, Texas born Opel. From Steve G. It shur looks like it was his, nice little GT.

·
1,830 Posts
Ron
You folks from over around the Indy area really should try to make it over to the Route 66 Mother Road fest in Springfield IL Sept 24-26. It is probably about a three hour drive with good roads all the way. I think this show could rival some of the other big shows around the country if we work at it.
John
P.S. Info on show at www.route66fest.com

·
Vendor
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Killer Texas GT said:
Ron, The Orange GT, is it a Arlington, Texas born Opel. From Steve G. It shur looks like it was his, nice little GT.
Yes, this was Steve's car. He did a very nice restoration, and I will be happy if my '73 turns out half as nice. I uploaded a few additional shots to my member's album, in case you want to see more. I'm not sure if Steve still reads this forum. He was on to another car the last time I heard from him (74 AMX Javelin, if I recall) Anyway, the car has found a good home in Indiana, and I hope to hang on to it for a good while. :D
Ron in Indy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts