Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Home sick today so I was pondering......
Where have some of the infamous Opels ended up such as:
1) Car and Driver's -J Edgar Opel
2) Car and Driver's- Ascona Turbo project car "Opel Under Pressure" article ( I think that one was actually featured in another upgrade issue)
3) last car GT to have been imported in 1973 (I was told by a Buick motor division manager that my 73 GT was one of the the last six into the US...who knows?)
4) Blaine Shieds Franken-Opel. A real wolf in sheep's clothing (no paint but recaros, twin webbers, 5 speed, nitros, and a really cool "James Bond type" trap door in the rear panel that would open up to shine a headlight beam rearward towards would-be tailgaters
Blaine is also a talented artist who has created many drawings we have on Opel T-shirts

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
The Gold GT from Get Smart is in CT somewhere the owner came to Carlilse one year and promised to bring it.. never has. Said it was in rough shape as most Hollywood cars can be.. repainted many times for different movies, etc..

Charles

·
Opeler
62 Posts
My GT ('70 Strato Blue) was originally owned by MGM Studios and driven by Debbie Reynolds. Not sure if it was used in any movies though- maybe someone will remember seeing it in one at sometime or another. I still have the original Bill of Sale somewhere that states "MGM Studios" as the owner... I would have been skeptical of the story otherwise.

·
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Home sick today so I was pondering......
Where have some of the infamous Opels ended up such as:
1) Car and Driver's -J Edgar Opel
2) Car and Driver's- Ascona Turbo project car "Opel Under Pressure" article ( I think that one was actually featured in another upgrade issue)
3) last car GT to have been imported in 1973 (I was told by a Buick motor division manager that my 73 GT was one of the the last six into the US...who knows?)
4) Blaine Shieds Franken-Opel. A real wolf in sheep's clothing (no paint but recaros, twin webbers, 5 speed, nitros, and a really cool "James Bond type" trap door in the rear panel that would open up to shine a headlight beam rearward towards would-be tailgaters
Blaine is also a talented artist who has created many drawings we have on Opel T-shirts
Boy I am getting old! I sent this out 6 years ago.....still wonder ...where are these cars
How about Maxwell Smart's GT? I think Craig Roberts has #2...anyone know the whereabouts of the rest??
btw
In Jessica Savitch's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Savitch
book Almost Golden she mentions her Opel Kadett

1 - 6 of 6 Posts