Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
lets get some pictures of this Killer interior, I have waited 15+ years to see the interior of that car get the final touch. plus it might give me some Ideas for mine.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Hey Folks,
Here we go as promised, a rolling picture show on the current rebuild of Manny's car. We have come so far already, don't bag on us for how it looks or for what hasn't been done yet. Remember this car has never had an interior at all and has been beat up unbelievably, over all these years, inside. But hey, here's the scoop, the real deal for all you bench warmers out there, following the Saga of our newest addition to the museum here at Opels Unlimited. The Recaro killer Wannabes, at only $200 a piece new, a super nice console with some unobtainium add-ons throughout. Two killer bass amps, two killer speaker boxes hooked up with hundreds of watts for the bass alone. Then for mid-range, real six by nine Kenwoods in their own special boxes, just for 60 watts, powered by the factory Kenwood CD player with remote control. The other 60 watts from the Kenwood deck goes to treble with Alpine and Infinity kick panel speakers and overhead tweeters. An unbelievable, almost 20 speakers hooked to 500 watts of amplifier (remember, Manny cut out the entire rear of the interior as well, even the deck, spare tire compartment, it was all gutted, Sooooooooooooooooo, we might as well fill it with something right? Then a new carpet kit, all new padding, everything glued down ofcourse, finally some average door panels and arm rests, laying around from our collection, interior and exterior handles and a door lock with key too. This car's interior HAD big problems, not so much anymore. More to come in two weeks, next weekend is booked with a big car show and we are going to be there with cars for sale, representing the Opel Enthusiast Club, plugging the big Opel June Bug Event Saturday June 14th in Perris, CA. Any questions about the Meet call 909-355-OPEL(6735).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
lets get some pictures of this Killer interior, I have waited 15+ years to see the interior of that car get the final touch. plus it might give me some Ideas for mine.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Hey Folks,
Here's the second group of pictures, hope you all have a great week, we are excited for ours already so many things going on. Still 100& caught up with shipping, everyone's packages are out, all the used parts cleaned and painted even had time to clean and paint up the used parts before they went. We worked every day and even today picked up another car from our big ten GT car buy-out in Lancaster. Engines and more bunches of parts too. This big deal finally coming to a close. We are all so tired but we are still so glad to be saving all these cars and parts for all of our futures.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Nice car Todd, that sound system should make you deaf :haha: What type of Recaro seats are those ? they look too wide for the car, don't they damage the door and or them self ? Glad too hear you saved more GT's , hope it was worth the extra work and effort for all the parts. ATTA BOY :yup: Getting things finished up, has to make you happy, Good luck

·
Non Civilian
2,094 Posts
Those audio components are garbage. A couple of pieces were decent back in the early 90's but the amps are el-cheapo brands that WalMart won't even sell. The speakers are tired and are low grade like the rest of the components. The install philosophy is bad too. Mount the amp to the box? One stop shopping for thieves.

If you are going to put an audio system back in please choose something else.

·
Opel Key Master
5,287 Posts
Those audio components are garbage. A couple of pieces were decent back in the early 90's but the amps are el-cheapo brands that WalMart won't even sell. The speakers are tired and are low grade like the rest of the components. The install philosophy is bad too. Mount the amp to the box? One stop shopping for thieves.

I was going to say something similar...whats 500 watts? Most radios now a days have that built in. Throwing in 100 speakers doesn't make the interior look cool, or killer

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

These speakers are just going to work for now. All the amps on the lower deck behind the seats and a custom built box across the entire back of the car is how it will eventually go. Those speaker boxes with the amp on the side were pulled from the back of my pink 59 Cadillac carpeted trunk. Part of an 8 woofer speaker system in the back of my fully carpeted pink 59 Cadillac trunk. I pulled it out last week so Mike would have something to fire up the new Kenwood system with. At any rate, to be a good sport and in all fairness, it's better than an AM radio with one speaker. The best part of a system like this is you don't have to turn it up too loud to fill a 5 foot square space.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I was going to say something similar...whats 500 watts? Most radios now a days have that built in. Throwing in 100 speakers doesn't make the interior look cool, or killer
Yes, true, thousands of dollars more could have been spent and thousands of watts too. But this system will be good enough for a driver car that we are letting customers check out and play with for the most part. I mean it really is overkill for such a small car. One thing is for sure, it will certainly sound good.

·
Non Civilian
2,094 Posts
One thing is for sure, it will certainly sound good.
You don't need to spend thousands of dollars. Just quality components. None of what is pictured is quality. That system will sound like crap. A fantastic system could be installed for less than $700, and a decent system for $250.

Putting that junk in there is just a waste of your time, and a waste of the new owners time to remove it.

DECENT - $250
CD/MP3 deck http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_66542_Alpine-CDE-141.html $100
6.5 speakers
$70

FANTASTIC (add) - $350
5 channel amp http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67937_Hifonics-BRX5000.5.html $230
12" sub in box [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-R2S-1X12-Subwoofer-Enclosure/dp/B0068XYLVC/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1393491414&sr=1-2&keywords=rockford+fosgate+subwoofer+shallow[/ame] $120

21 - 29 of 29 Posts