Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
After looking at the pictures, my question is:

Is this guy doing a service to Opels or is it a dis-service?

I feel like we should all chip in and buy the man a circus tent to protect all those cars from the elements!

He has some very interesting cars there, and many body's that look quite rescuable if not restorable.

Steve's comment about Todd needing to put a tent over his gold mine makes me want to share a little something with you all. I'm heading a little bit :eek:fftopic: BUT you will like this.
Since I work at a boat shop these days, I've noticed that all the brand new boats arrive with a really NICE disposable plastic wrap. With a soft fuzzy layer on the side against the boat.
Well, we sell a lot of new boats. Shocking how many boats we sell a month!!
I'm in charge of getting these boats off the truck, onto their proper trailer, unwrapped, inspected, rigged, accessories installed, and lake tested. Thus I'm also in charge of getting rid of all these plastic wraps.
Boy, one sure made a beautiful cover for Speedway GT! Another for Parts GT, he hasn't felt so pampered in decades. One covers my wife's haystack, (good thing we sell boats up to 36').
I have dozens bundled up and stashed in a storage garage at work. I'm told that last year they hauled five pickup loads of 'em to the dump.
So, anyone who needs one should feel free to come and get one. Better yet, if a trip to Montana is out of the question, go to your nearest boat dealer and ask for one. You might be saving them a trip to the dump.

Excellent idea! The ones I see around here are just shrink wrap without the fuzzy inside. What brand of boat dealer do I need to seek out? I want one just to protect it from bicycle dings! We have plenty of boat places around...

Wow. Those pics bring back some memories..
I used to work @ OU.. Some of those cars I recognize! That was in '91!!
The grey manta with the hood scoop.... USED to be a friggen awesome car..:scared1:
that Ascona with the skirts... same deal...:rolleyes:
I see he's still got that old tow truck.. wow!.. As to the subject of best interest.. you have to consider that it's very dry where he is, so the cars are not going to rust away.. BUT, the glass and interiors are going to crap... He really needs to invest in a quonset hut (told him that *then*) and try to keep all those cars in-doors.. You guys should see the *PARTS* warehouse(s) he's got! Last time I saw them, he had approx 300 gt's in pieces... Maybe one day, I'll get back together with him, and help make OU a REAL Opel Restoration business. He still operates like it was 1985... The things that could be done with that man (and his knowledge) is really staggering, if you could get Todd to grow up.. (not a personal slam, just an observation, he's still a kid-at-heart)...

Maybe some of you guys would be interested in making him an offer to buy-out OU and keep him on as technical advisor...

dave

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.