Opel GT Forum banner

Opels Unlimiteds Last Week Wrap up Post

4K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  slracer 
#1 ·
Well Folks,

Here it is 2am and we have finally answered all the threads and now we can create a new one. What a great week the phone ringing constantly like it was Springtime again. A five speed sale, two custom engine rebuild sales, a GT sale, a Manta sale, another Manta sale. What a fun week along with driving all the way out to Northridge for another original owner customer who waited all this time for Opels Unlimited to finish it's huge move to sell us their family's personal 1974 Opel Manta. How funny, just when we said we didn't know when the next original owner Manta was going to flow into Opels Unlimited, especially at a reasonable price. Opels Unlimited was supposed to have the day off on Sunday after an 85 hour work week but it didn't go that way again. Debbie and Todd did a personal excursion that ended up being a lot of fun to personally save an original owners 1974 Manta, originally preserved for the last 20 years. They originally tried to sell it to us during the big move and just now held on to it long enough to offer it to us on that day. He said he just could not see it go to a pick a part or junk yard after seeing his family, as well as himself owning it since 1974. His Dad was the original owner! We heard about this on Sunday and immediately grabbed the truck and trailer and went to retrieve it. That is how fast we are moving these days. This is what we did with our entire day on Sunday, our supposed day off. Although this is what we love and see on a daily basis, since we are all declaring everything on the Internet and Debbie did spend her entire day and night picking up another super rare Opel, just like Opels Unlimited are known for. Debbie and Tammy, Todd and the crew right there all day and night 7 hours total driving time. This time how about this, instead of just getting the right part to the right person on time, no matter how crazy it is, let's just say somehow, some way, Debbie after 8 hours of driving, let's just say we are going to give her a single night out, a Buffet she desires, something just for her. Something special also for Tammy, with all these hours invested, let's just take an honorary moment to acknowledge those people who have devoted hundreds of hours of time. Let's see when the next time is that they get a chance to go to a buffet and enjoy their lives without being slammed on the phone.

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#11 ·
Hey Folks,

Although we picked up that Manta just last Sunday, we told you all it was a really nice complete original and actually we had someone asking us about Mantas just a couple of days before. He and his son showed up on Saturday from Todd's boastful description and bought the car on the spot. Although the car is still at Opels Unlimited, it has been paid for in full already.

Here we go, we here at Opels Unlimited do not like to disappoint so here are some pictures of another super cherry original Manta currently available at Opels Unlimited. As a matter of fact since Opels Unlimited has sold two Mantas in the past two weeks, this is the only Manta that Opels Unlimited currently has available. If you would like further pictures and information to purchase this car please contact us at 909-355-OPEL(6735). Oh by the way it has the early rare first years chrome bumpers and as you can see the front one is very straight.

Attachments

#2 ·
Opels Umlimiteds Weekly Blog

Hey Folks,

What can we say? We have devoted every day of our lives to helping Opel people, from the minute we get up to the minute we go to bed. It's always been a huge multi-level effort to take care of everybody and all their cars and parts and needs. Not easy at all, of course, because all this rare stuff is not on the shelves at Walmart.

This site is supposed to be out there to benefit everyone and hear what is going on out there in the Opel World and that is what we are trying to do here. Opels Unlimited has helped thousands and thousands of people and continues to do so every day. We are here, we do exist and we always have a lot to say. Getting everyone all their parts for any kind of Opel car is our job and our whole lives, of course we want to talk about it here on this site. We deserve to be able to and we are encouraging all of you to order and ask about any part you can think of. We also encouraged all you folks that we have helped already this year, find all that unobtanium, to give us a thumbs up for all of our efforts.

Really, enough of this bashing and heresay and trying to get people to not do business with us. We are an honest group of Opel loving people who bend over backwards for their customers. We won't stop, we are not going away, and operate one of the oldest longest lived Opel company and collection in US history. Currently we have 330 years of peoples lives, all their dreams, efforts, time spent saving and collecting every part, just like you. It's all sitting here waiting for you to buy.

We ask all you new customers out there to be fair and give us a chance. We know you will be pleasantly surprised because all of our current customers are very happy with us. We have a lot to offer and we are open from noon to midnight every day and offer free tech advice on anything. Call us at 909-355-OPEL(6735).

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Opels Unlimited March 15th Weekend Wrap Up

So here we go Folks,

This is the weekend wrap up for all of you that WANT to hear what's been going on in the world of Opels Unlimited. First of all we are very happy to report that now all of you can have a rocket ship ride in a 2.4 five speed killer Opel GT. Yes Manny Wong's famous GT ZERO is NOW AVAILABLE FOR TEST DRIVES at Opels Unlimited. "Yah Baby, this killer ride is now ready to be test driven by everyone." Now finally completely paid for, registered and insured, Manny's concept car tore up the streets of Riverside this last Saturday.

After lots of steady work, smoke pouring out from under the dash etc., the killer H4 Hallogen headlights were finally assembled and came to life. Just in this last week the Opels Unlimited crew changed out the water pump, did up the front and rear taillights, did a big once over on the car and rocketed it through the streets of Riverside by the end of Saturday night. Everything worked well and put out a great roar with that Targa Top wide open. Actually everything went real well except for two drawbacks. First of all, the shifter pulled hard to the right as the motor "freely moved about the cabin." I guess that's why the old fan was cracked and broken apart and the water pump bad in the first place. That thing jumped around in there like it was trying to take off for the moon. Some of those cheapy motor mounts (the only ones they sell nowadays) were the culprit for sure. Just ripped and trashed they are. We will dig up some good used heavy duty iron bottom mounts and stuff them in there tomorrow.

The second thing for everyone to note is that the Recaro Wannabe seats we put in there did not do well for tall people. As Todd noticed as he bumped his head off the back side of the open Targa and got a nice healthy knot right away. If you are five foot eight or less they should do fine, but if you are six foot four, forget it, leave them to the Mantas, Asconas and Kadetts.

Everybodies shipping is caught up and it's great to be hearing from more and more of our old customers every month. It was a really great week with lots of car sales and large doors, floors, rockers and floor panels going out UPS. Hope you are all enjoying the March Madness sale, remember all those new parts on sale goes away in two weeks. 909-355-OPEL(6735).

#15 ·
It's definitely a Lenk nose piece/air dam. I searched extensively for it and it appears to be a long-discontinued part. Considering that it sticks out farther than the bumper and protrudes down farther than the already easy-to-bottom-out belly pan, I'm sure that you can find bits and pieces of one of them scattered on the side of the highway. Don't forget, that white car is a racing Opel.

Buuuuuuut.........while I was searching, I found something really cool for me. Can't tell ya what it is until I actually acquire it...........if it is still available.

#16 ·
OK. These may not be racing Opels - Are these also unavailable?

OK. I kinda like the way it sticks out a little. Guess some other people do also, but I believe they all live in Germany. Roads must be a lot different there. Just wanted to be a little different from the norm, kinda like that guy with the Red Baron and GTX :haha:

Attachments

#19 ·
Found it, but can't read German?

Lenktuning.com has it listed. Don't know if it is still available, but it is still on their site. It may be way to costly to transport from Germany, so maybe some made it to the United States in the past. Will keep looking. Thanks Gordon for letting me know it was a Lenk spoiler. Third pic is a new insert for the spoiler. Look's like it would cut off airflow somewhat, but kinda neat. I think I need to learn the German language.

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.