Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

This car was built almost 20 years ago. Originally purchased for only $75 as a bare body loaded in the back of a UHAUL truck, it was saved and hand built to bring Opels Unlimited's next power stage into existence. Although we had built many cars before this one had all the new current upgrades including the front and rear big brake package, a five speed over-drive transmission, the Stage III Coil, and the 38 DGAS Weber Carb. It also featured the front end power lowering spring and gas shocks. With 7 inch rims and big fat tires, this was the ultimate car in it's heyday. This car was made famous on the #9 #9 #9 Video made by the Opel Enthusiast Club. Many shows and events later, it has now been revamped to a current state of modernization with updated speakers and amps as well steering wheel and leather interior. This is a prime example of a beautiful current up to snuff daily driver of today. Hope you all enjoy, more to come soon.

Attachments

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,453 Posts
Here's a pic I took of Tammy at OU when I visited out there about 5 years ago at their old location. She is standing next to their Historic Legendary World-Reknowned Experimental Prototype GT Extreme Hoozyerdaddy car. Or something like that.

Hey Todd/Tam, did you guys ever finish that?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool spoiler. Where's that from? I want that hood on the car behind it.
The Spoiler is a Winter Spoiler made in Germany. It is solid rubber and just bolts on. It's actually been a favorite rear spoiler and these have been around Opels Unlimited for a really long time. Made some 20 years ago, they are hard to find and have always been pricey. This is the same spoiler that Opels Unlimited will be using on it's newest secret production prototype car. The hood is not yet in production but Todd says give him a call and you guys can talk about options 562-690-1051. Also from Germany, this is a great solid sporty hood. A very aggressive favorite around the shop these last ten years, there is a lot of talk about recreating this part just lilke we recreated the L-88 Hood now some 10 years back or so. All it takes is some paying customers that are willing to wait for the creation. That hood on the car you see is a new Stage V prototype featuring the 8 speed over-drive transmission. It is currently being built as a famous blue and yellow Conrero GT with a few special Opels Unlimited's twists as well as 15 inch rims, removable Targa Top, full frame strengthening, Big Brakes, Injected, Stainless special Aircraft style front end stabilizers with a Steinmetz factory flare kit to boot. It's almost finished and ready for paint. You will all be hearing much more about this car over the next 5 to 10 years. It would be nice to reproduce this hood. Like we said, it's all about customer response and always the much needed money for creating new parts.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So it was designed, tested and passed TUV standards? :)

Are they still available new?

Harold

P.S. These spoilers are urethane (I believe) and are flexible.
You know they were available new every day for the past 20 years from Opels Unlimited. It was a common selling item. So common that they even recirculated through the shop as good used as well. In the warehouse there may actually be some of these in storage. As far as new ones in the museum, there is only currently two that have been possibly slated for the upcoming museum built cars. The supply of extras lasted until just a couple of years ago. It's most likely best to check around in Germany. We suppose we always could recreate this as a fiber glass part new now that we are finally out here on Opel GT.com and the World Wide Web, perhaps we can get enough support to recreate just this part as well. Take Care and Happy Opeling, Opels Unlimited.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a pic I took of Tammy at OU when I visited out there about 5 years ago at their old location. She is standing next to their Historic Legendary World-Reknowned Experimental Prototype GT Extreme Hoozyerdaddy car. Or something like that.

Hey Todd/Tam, did you guys ever finish that?

Hi,

First of all this is Debbie not Tammy and secondly this Evolution One is still in production. Todd says we can get some pictures out here soon and catch everybody up on what's been happening with this rare gem. It's so funny that you talk about that grey hulk of a gutted car fresh imported from Germany, oh my god, if you could see it now! It is Candy Brandywine Maroon Metallic, completely painted, it features a big Germany import 2000cc motor with a side draft Weber 40DCOE Carb and manifold from Steinmetz as well as the only Steinmetz Valve Cover in America. Huge 8" wide prime wheels with 235/50/13 BF Goodrich TA Radials all brand new as well as brand new NOS complete Air Conditioning System, a Kenwood CD player with remote control, with a perfect crack free dash, all new carpet, Big Brake package, header, the whole works.

It's actually currently in the Riverside Opels Unlimited's museum showrooms and in the near future we can start showing you guys pictures of what it really looks like now. It's an unbelieveable creation which is now finished. It was purchased by John Roberson, the President of the Opel Enthusiast Club, so it is officially sold but it is currently being finished with the last little touches every day as we speak. It has been dubbed the Evolution One Opel GT for America and even another complete fiberglass kit is available new currently at Opels Unlimited. If the Evolution concept goes well, and we start selling these kits, another big deal will be made in Germany to secure these molds for the American Public as well. We will try and get the pictures out within the next week and we are sure you will be surprised how far we took this car and how good it looks today. Thanks for asking, coming up with this nostalgia picture stuff is like Christmas for us. And Christmas yet again for sharing all our work and effort with you folks out there. Take Care and Happy Opeling.

·
Opeler
70 Posts
...If the Evolution concept goes well, and we start selling these kits, another big deal will be made in Germany to secure these molds for the American Public as well...
it's funny to read this ...i own the molds, why do i know nothing about this big deal? How long i asked you what's up with the molds, if you want it or not? (i wrote you emails, talk to your answering machine, send facebook messages...) two, three years or longer? No answer, no replay at all...

If you realy want the molds you have to hurry up and contact me, otherwise they go this year to a guy in north europe

·
Administrator
10,257 Posts
...Todd says we can get some pictures out here soon and catch everybody up on what's been happening with this rare gem.
Klaus posted a pic of it in post #8...

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
The hood is not yet in production but Todd says give him a call and you guys can talk about options 562-690-1051. Also from Germany, this is a great solid sporty hood. A very aggressive favorite around the shop these last ten years, there is a lot of talk about recreating this part just lilke we recreated the Corvette L-88 Hood now some 10 years back or so. All it takes is some paying customers that are willing to wait for the creation. That hood on the car you see is a new Stage V prototype featuring the 8 speed over-drive transmission. It is currently being built as a famous blue and yellow Conrero GT with a few special Opels Unlimited's twists as well as 15 inch rims, removable Targa Top, full frame strengthening, Big Brakes, Injected, Stainless special Aircraft style front end stabilizers with a Steinmetz factory flare kit to boot. It's almost finished and ready for paint. You will all be hearing much more about this car over the next 5 to 10 years. It would be nice to reproduce this hood. Like we said, it's all about customer response and always the much needed money for creating new parts.
I wonder where Gil got the hood he sold me if this in not in production yet? Attached are some pictures, you decide if this is the same hood or not.

Bob

Attachments

·
1,722 Posts
The P235 50 13 tires from BF Goodrich have been out of production for about 12 or more years. What is the production year on those tires you have ? Thanks.
John

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
The hood is not yet in production but Todd says give him a call and you guys can talk about options 562-690-1051. Also from Germany, this is a great solid sporty hood. A very aggressive favorite around the shop these last ten years, there is a lot of talk about recreating this part just lilke we recreated the Corvette L-88 Hood now some 10 years back or so. All it takes is some paying customers that are willing to wait for the creation. That hood on the car you see is a new Stage V prototype featuring the 8 speed over-drive transmission. It is currently being built as a famous blue and yellow Conrero GT with a few special Opels Unlimited's twists as well as 15 inch rims, removable Targa Top, full frame strengthening, Big Brakes, Injected, Stainless special Aircraft style front end stabilizers with a Steinmetz factory flare kit to boot. It's almost finished and ready for paint. You will all be hearing much more about this car over the next 5 to 10 years. It would be nice to reproduce this hood. Like we said, it's all about customer response and always the much needed money for creating new parts.
I wonder where Gil got the hood he sold me if this in not in production yet? Attached are some pictures, you decide if this is the same hood or not.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Bob, your hood appears to be a Lenk LT13 hood. It's pictured in OGTS's 2002 print catalog, but back then was not cataloged for sale. It's shown in the Lenk On-Line catalog.......Lenk Tuning International Click on Catalog......scroll down to: Karosserietuning/Body Tuning.........scroll down to: Motorhaube LT13, komplett mit Innenrahmen/bonnet LT13 and click for a picture.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Niiiiiice, Bob!

Your hood gets The Scifi Guy Seal of Approval!

:yup:
Thanks Gordo, Mike was right, Gil did order this for me many years ago in it is a Lenk tuning LT13 hood. Apparently it is still for sale from Lenk, but at 300 Euros, it is a bit pricey. About 405 dollars plus shipping. Guess I got a deal back in the old days.

Bob

·
Kalifornia Kid
551 Posts
Correct that is an LT13 Lenk hood. These could be 'Special Ordered' through OGTS and imported on a purcahse by purchase basis. Being imported directly from Lenk, the cost of shipping was significant.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it's funny to read this ...i own the molds, why do i know nothing about this big deal? How long i asked you what's up with the molds, if you want it or not? (i wrote you emails, talk to your answering machine, send facebook messages...) two, three years or longer? No answer, no replay at all...

If you realy want the molds you have to hurry up and contact me, otherwise they go this year to a guy in north europe
Hey Klaus,

It's so nice to see you out here in this world every day. You see my posts out here and you see that I offer Opels Unlimiteds Evolution One kit for sale that you have sold us already. We will soon put many pictures for this kit out here and we hope the people want to buy this. That's why I invested the money, so many thousands of dollars, years ago on this. We do have a lot of deals now going, yes so many, even after so many years, I still hold a car here for you and thank you again for your last big shipment to us of big engines and five speeds and oh so many things. We have been great partners for so many years. Even Mickey and Tammy and Katrina say hi now. We think it's best maybe we do our big business deals in private but for sure soon you will see a great many things that we worked hard to create and offer all these years, well you know here is a whole new thing for us, this OpelGT.com You will see us every week and when the next big warehouse move is done it will all be about offering every part for every Opel and all the molds and all the fiberglass stuff as well. Now is the time for you to come fly up and see us. You can stay at the Manor for free so no Hotel or problems. Best to contact us at [email protected] We have a bunch of exciting new ideas and ofcourse you are included right at the top. Happy New Year my friend and this is going to be a great 2014.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts