Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Opeler
70 Posts
...We think it's best maybe we do our big business deals in private...
i agree but how if you don't replay my messages :dunno:

It's up to you to contact me and work a deal out, if you want to own all my fiberglass molds. The molds have to go this spring or summer because i need the storageroom, one way or the other...

This year is not a good time for me to visit you guys because all of the new things thats going on in my life. So we startet with the new Steinmetz company, see: Steinmetz Automobiltechnik - (with all the parts from the past) and there are so many productions going on ...so many appointments and promotion meetings...

Than i work hard to build my new shop and the new Steinmetz Rallye Shop, the new webside, the customer cars and my gullwing GT so i can bring it on the road again this year... and my three wonderful childs need my attention also :yup: ...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Hey folks,

Here is a second round of pictures in Opels Unlimited's museum from Car Wash Day of the silver Stage III Prototype GT. More pictures are coming in as they are downloaded by different photographers that were there that week. Don't forget the Opel June Bug Festival June 14th in Perris California. A great party for all, bring your cars finished or not. Call 562-690-1051 for more details.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I wonder where Gil got the hood he sold me if this in not in production yet? Attached are some pictures, you decide if this is the same hood or not.

Bob
Hey Folks,

About this hood on this yellow car, we checked it out and it does look like the one we have in stock. As far as we know this was available in Europe ten years ago sure. As far as anyone having the mold for it here in the states, we don't think so. Tell you what, we can ask Gil personally tomorrow while we are spending the day with him, as we are traveling together and he is buying tons of parts. He is one of the few people with VIP priviledges in world that we will take to the big warehouse. This will be the second time this month he has come to visit us and we love packing Gil and the GT Source with all the parts they will buy. It is not well known but the GT Source and Opels Unlimited have had a great relationship with each other for almost 3 decades now. We'll get back out here and post more about this hood and many others next week.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The P235 50 13 tires from BF Goodrich have been out of production for about 12 or more years. What is the production year on those tires you have ? Thanks.
John
You are correct these have been out of production for a long time and we still have both new and used and they have been very popular with the Opels all along. You know there is a lot of talk about production years and reading numbers on tires, perhaps these are just novelties around the shop and museum anymore, but every once in a while we do still sell them and people are thankful we have them.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I wonder where Gil got the hood he sold me if this in not in production yet? Attached are some pictures, you decide if this is the same hood or not.

Bob
Bob, your hood appears to be a Lenk LT13 hood. It's pictured in OGTS's 2002 print catalog, but back then was not cataloged for sale. It's shown in the Lenk On-Line catalog.......Lenk Tuning International Click on Catalog......scroll down to: Karosserietuning/Body Tuning.........scroll down to: Motorhaube LT13, komplett mit Innenrahmen/bonnet LT13 and click for a picture.

Mike[/QUOTE]
We believe that this hood originated in Germany as a Lenner product back in the day. We can check the sticker on the inside of our hood to see where it came from. It is a very solid heavy hood that took alot to import for us from Germany. It is not just a thin piece of fiberglass, it's like 2inches thick all the way through. This hood is kind of hot isn't it, that is why we are considering reproducing these. We have lots of new reproduction fiberglass parts both European and American and are adding to our collection every year.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks Gordo, Mike was right, Gil did order this for me many years ago in it is a Lenk tuning LT13 hood. Apparently it is still for sale from Lenk, but at 300 Euros, it is a bit pricey. About 405 dollars plus shipping. Guess I got a deal back in the old days.

Bob
All of our reproduction hoods are running $399 and that would be the cost on this one too. The cost of shipping one of these in from Germany could easily top $500 and Opels Unlimited spent over $2000 creating the first Corvette L88 Hood for American reproduction. But with Opels Unlimited's company's backing these hoods are currently for sale for only $399. The first few people who helped us with the backing to create it only even paid $200 and $250. The Opel Nuts who helped create the mold each got one for free. That's how it has been working for the fiberglass repro parts. Here, you would be surprised what the warehouse stored inventory is from the 80's and 90's. We could have almost 100 different original pieces available at this time. Any fiberglass inquiries contact 909-355-OPEL(6735). We are looking to sell these items on a regular basis and responses from this website and Opel Enthusiast Club Opel News will determine which ones reproduce in bulk first.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
i agree but how if you don't replay my messages :dunno:

It's up to you to contact me and work a deal out, if you want to own all my fiberglass molds. The molds have to go this spring or summer because i need the storageroom, one way or the other...

This year is not a good time for me to visit you guys because all of the new things thats going on in my life. So we startet with the new Steinmetz company, see: Steinmetz Automobiltechnik - (with all the parts from the past) and there are so many productions going on ...so many appointments and promotion meetings...

Than i work hard to build my new shop and the new Steinmetz Rallye Shop, the new webside, the customer cars and my gullwing GT so i can bring it on the road again this year... and my three wonderful childs need my attention also :yup: ...
Ah ha, the Gullwing finally, so good to hear you are back in production and doing Opel things yet again. We were just thinking the same thing, an email address we can start corresponding back and forth, we think it is best to use the old [email protected] as it is still active every day. The big fiberglass Molds deal is still a great thing for us to work out. Now that the big move is over we will be testing out the popularity in America for all these fiberglass parts. Yes it is best to finish up our old deals now, we are really looking forward to special valve covers and manifolds, all of the fun stuff you have and we already have paid deals for. Even a 2400cc short block, we have a guy asking us for that now even. We look forward to your emails and lots more exciting business deals with you. We have had so much ground breaking fun in the past, always on top of things no one else could do at the time. Well the new times are even bigger and there is already so many plans for the new Museum. Also the Mayor's Mansion and 5 acres will be the best place for Opel Car Shows and Picnics in the future. We are going to have great times again.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts