1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1971 GT
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I remember this setup discussed about a year ago but can't find the thread.

·
392 Posts
I don't want to go too deep into the trial and tribulations of my dealing with this person but just suffice it to say it took 9 months to get the right parts and many emails. The calipers are rebuilds and he doesn't say it until you win the auction that there is a core charge. Then you must machine the mounting pads 2mm to get the calipers to fit properly (another... oh I forgot to tell you).

Do they work? Yes!!! Would I buy from him again? .....

You will need a larger mastercylinder as the stock one doesn't put out enough volume. That has been discussed in this forum. Also a proportioning valve. The calipers take two lines going to them as they are Volvo calipers and that is the way they did things so you will need a T-block and new flexible lines. I had stainless steel ones made.

There are three bleed nipples on each caliper and must be bled a certian way to get all the air out. Follow the Volvo recommendations on how to do this.

This person works for a brake company and he sells a lot of this equipment. As far as his claim to fame with Opels remember he works for a brake company and that is his bread and butter. But that doesn't mean he is a brake expert.

If you would like to discuss this further contact me off site at [email protected]

Mike

Too many cars to list

·
648 Posts
Is this the Miami brake dude? If so, I got stuck, er, I mean bought from him. Paid way too much for what I was getting. I did sell off the calipers and disc's to someone here at a reduced price, but I told them straight up what they were getting. I think that part of the setup would work fine. I had to eat the Chevy dump truck master cylinder that he sent. Nothing like adding 20 lbs to the front of a car. I did keep the power booster and have modified it for use "one day".
JMHO
James

·
1,973 Posts
ewww, chevy dump truck MC........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts