Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
I want to order from Suselbeek in the Netherlands but I have a problum with there site (Maybe it is the internal auditor in me, sorry that is what I do for a living). It is not a secure site with a https starting it (secure site so know one other than the owner of the site can see the information) :eek: .

Take a look and see what I mean

http://www.opelgtparts.com/pag/kat.html

How do you folks in the past order parts or like me want a catalog?

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Secure Ordering

Rick:

You are right, that is not a secure site, I wouldn't be putting any sensitive information in there. You can request a catalogue, but my experience is they are not interested in doing business in the U.S. I have tried three times to order from them (unsecure site and all :eek: ) Only once did I get an order filled. That was a couple small things that OGTS did not have at the time. On the other two orders, I didn't even get a reply. After several e mails I just gave up. They have a lot of great stuff, but it's like being in a candy store when you were a kid, and only being able to look and see how good everything seemed to be. But in the end, no candy.

Bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
dont like suselbeek

I live in the EU Denmark and have the same problems whit them as benncojr and I want to say about there parts that they not always is in the correct working order have made an order 2 of the parts I had to send back. This where before Christmas haven’t got them back yet. But keep sending them e-mails and they will answer on you e-mails

Now I only order from the US if I need parts that I can’t find on scrap yards.

Sorry for the bad spelling and gamma

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Fun!

I bought a section of sheet metal from there - it took three months of eMails to get a result.
The last eMail I sent simply said: "LuftPost - Schnell!!"
That got some action and the part arrived a few days later and was exactly as ordered and allowed the completion of my bodywork ...
Didn't know about this site back then, unfortunately.

·
Opeler
3,100 Posts
benncojr said:
OK,
I want to order from Suselbeek in the Netherlands but I have a problem with there site (Maybe it is the internal auditor in me, sorry that is what I do for a living). It is not a secure site with a https starting it (secure site so know one other than the owner of the site can see the information) :eek: .

Take a look and see what I mean

http://www.opelgtparts.com/pag/kat.html

How do you folks in the past order parts or like me want a catalog?
From their Website (bottom of page):
or send your order by fax, preferably if credit card details have to be submitted, to:
+31 ( 314 ) 641508

Years ago, MSN indicated they would not support pop.3 mail server, so provided "Synchronize Account" link to allow me to download and save email. This Friday, had to download all email to my "Inbox"; not sure if MSN or my Computer?

In "Sent Items" files there was this:
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 4:44 PM
Subject: Catalog Order from Website

My Personal Info and my Credit Card Info that expired 03/2004.
Appears that somebody accomplished a hack of their Website, as I ordered a catalog from them years ago.

Somehow ... would like to place an order from them, but concerned about receiving parts in USA. If local European Opel Owner has Issues, I am concerned/ hesitatant.

Still ... would try to order catalog, as it is worth $15 USD.

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
I sent an e-mail to opelgtparts.com with a general question on 19 April 2005 and got a response 24 April 2005. I did place an order last week so lets see how long(or if) I get it. I will post the date if I receive it.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what I got back when I sent an inquiry into them by email.

It looks like they want me to send the information thru snail mail.

Hello,

You can sent your card card number in differend mails.We never had any problems with visa or mastercard numbers on our web-site.
----- Original Message -----
To: opelgtparts
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2005 4:05 AM
Subject: Anfrage von der Website

I would like to order a catalog from you folks, however your site is not secure. How can I order a catalog from you?

·
Opeler
3,100 Posts
jlthunder said:
I sent an e-mail to opelgtparts.com with general question on 19 April 2005 and got a response 24 April 2005. I did place an order last week so lets see how long(or if) I get it. I will post the date if I receive it.
How did you pay for Order?
Credit Card or ?

I would think my MasterCard or Visa would be acceptable for Euros?
Thinking of a $300 USD Order to make it worthwhile ... :eek:

Lindsay

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
Lindsay;

I used a Visa. My order was for approx 100 euro. I just called my credit card company. No overseas activity yet.

·
Opeler
193 Posts
I've bought parts from them twice. The first time I had to send them a credit card number separately. It also took a long time and a few emails to get them to respond to my order. The second order went through no problem and showed up on my porch about a week later. I've also done lots of business with places in the UK for Mini Cooper parts. I've never had any problem using Visa or Master Cards at any of the sites including Susselbeck. The charge will show up as being Euros or Pounds (for my Mini parts) and what the conversion rate is. They should use the rate in effect at the time the transaction was actually booked by them. So it may be off a tad from what you might calculate it to be.

·
Viking
862 Posts
Suselbeek, are they serious at all?

I live in Norway and I have tried to order their printed catalog 3 times, and also tried to order some parts a couple of times, with no result. It seems like they are not interested in doing business in Norway either. I finally got an answer on my e-mails. They say that Visa will not accept my card. I know for sure my card is good. I use it every day with no problems, and there is plenty of money on my account. I have even checked with Visa, and they say: no problem. And Suselbeek says: Now
we not e-mail you again about your card we spent to manny e-mails for it and
time I'm sorry.

Frustrated :mad:

·
Opeler
17 Posts
Suselbeek they must think they are gods gift to GT owners

I have made 2 orders from suselbeek and have to wait more than 6weeks both times when i email to ask why they dont send my order they say there flooded by orders. the trouth is that they must be waiting item they get from opelgtsource in the US.
So why wait? order from opelgtsource fast delivery better prices and a very friendly email answers.
Anders Sweden

·
Registered
456 Posts
You're right, those two guys are good.....plus they are a great source of information and pleasant, too. I absolutely recommend them .

·
Opeler
3,100 Posts
Ordered from Opel GT Source for decades; never a complaint. Living in Southern. Calif., I received my orders within 3-days or less. Couple of parts on my "GT Wish List" are not sold locally and might be available from Opel GT Suselbeek.

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Ive always ordered from OGTS. Ive never had an instance where I needed to go to Denmark for my parts. Keep it here in the ol USA I say. BUT.... If the time comes and I do need to, it'll be a faxed order on credit card so I can always do a chargeback if I dont get it.

Too bad these guys arent reliable, they look to be a good source of hard to find parts.

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
I agree. OGTS is great and they ship right away. They answer every question I have. I called them for the part I am trying to get from opelgtparts.com but they only had 2 of them ever! It is something I want, but don't really need for the GT. I just want to make it unique for a GT in the U.S. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts