Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a Chat Room discussion on tire sizes going on and this is a pic of what I believe to be an original 72 tire.

Ron

Attachments

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
i have one that i think is the origainal spare and it looks pretty close to that one u posted. its also out of a 72 gt.

·
Super Moderator
13,840 Posts
For the US market, all of the later Opels (GT, Ascona, Manta, Sportwagon) used a 165-13 tire as OEM. Most Kadett B's used 155-13's however, but I've seen 145-13's on older ones.

Bob

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Multi-lingual

That 6.45 X13 is just 165 X13 in inch sizing 6.45" x 13"
Guess the German manufacture did not think the US public was ready for metric yet. Though UniRoyal is a US company, isn't it?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UniRoyal used to be U.S. Rubber Company lotsa years ago Jim. Thanx for the clarification of what it all means.

Ron

·
Super Moderator
1,802 Posts
Kadett stuff

RallyBob said:
For the US market, all of the later Opels (GT, Ascona, Manta, Sportwagon) used a 165-13 tire as OEM. Most Kadett B's used 155-13's however, but I've seen 145-13's on older ones.

Bob
Let's not forget that the VERY early Kadetts came with 12" rims too. a 165/13 is a very tight fit in a Kadett, with a 175/13 being the absolutely biggest diameter tire that won't rub much.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts

·
Opeler
13 Posts
Original Tire

I'm still driving on what I believe to be one of my Kadett's original tires. It is a Firestone Phoenix, made in Germany, 155 SR13 Tube Type. When it comes time for me to drive anywhere but around town, I'll obviously replace it. But it looks pretty good for being 34 years old. And it's always held air...even when the car sat for 10 years without moving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts