Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OU's newest Hillybilly Dyno Upgrade for June 13th Picnic Display. Hey Folks here is a first glimpse picture (not finished yet) this will be the start of the current Hillybilly Dyno at Opels Unlimited. Not just huge Oil Pressure gauges, but the whole shooting match, really professionally mounted. Lot's of room for improvements and ofcourse better and better results. The reason for this is that we are testing and building engines so often that it is in constant continuous use. Good mechanics time is valuable and delays and nuisances have once again unfolded to a hew bigger and better idea. Like we said this is just the beginning but we are also proud that even after all these years of devotion, our current skeleton crew, still moves us forward, not just in time but in technology too.

So many things we can bench test at one time and we can offer clean, painted bench tested parts from alternators and regulators and even radiators and water pumps, all these items get tested at the same time as someone's engine and incredible prices and extended warranties are offered on all used parts. Just try us, we still have the everyday motto that "We have everything in stock and we will beat anybody's price on anything." New current sales flyers, new reproductions and announcements are all ready to send to anyone who wants them currently. Looks like the Opel Enthusiast Club is going to have a newsletter out in time for our Summer Shows.

The fun part of it is we will for sure have a entire running engine display going for everyone to see and touch and play with at the upcoming International June Opel Festival and Picnic, June 13, 2015. What a great addition to a large picnic and Car show atmosphere. You won't want to miss this. We will be test firing something fun and exciting, every hour on the hour and we can give some real good experienced advice from everything you need to know to advance and increase your abilities and knowledge to build the best Opel motor that you have all been dreaming about. From Cam shafts to big exhaust upgrades, complete as well as even new high volume oil pump kits to killer forged piston sets with all the upgrades including automatic fit, all custom built and exclusive to Opels Unlimited in the last four months alone.

There is so much more to say and ofcourse so much more to see, let's just see it all in Perrris CA at the International June Opel Festival and Picnic on June 13th, 2015.

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
A engine dyno measures engine Hp and torque.
What you have is not a dyno it is an engine test stand.
I brought that up when it was first posted. Don't expect a response. It just sounds better than an engine test stand. Hey, there are gauges. :)

·
Über Genius
8,937 Posts
OMG, it ..... almost.... looks.... like.... a..... real..... engine test stand.

Otherwise,

TLDNR

Reactions: SteveGT

·
Über Genius
8,937 Posts
A engine dyno measures engine Hp and torque.
What you have is not a dyno it is an engine test stand.
That's because, obviously, you have never heard of a Stage III dyno before

·
Can Opeler
3,289 Posts
Good job guys! It's useful, simple, cheap to build, and now much more safe! While I wouldn't necessarily advertise it to these cranky fellas, that is how you keep prices down and still provide a good service.
Good luck OU! :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Must be more to the story. Seems like a lot of angst over the OU posts. I live nearby, I am going to go by their shop and take a look around. Doubtful they will have parts for my new generation Opel want to be, but I am looking for a 1970 GT and there might be some adds, prices to get an idea of what I am getting into.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sorry, did not make it by there today, was late heading to a cruise night and traffic was, well SoCal good. I will get by there in the next week or so.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Must be more to the story.
There is

OU has a very "questionable" past when it comes to customer service and business practice. Which they to their credit seems to be trying to rectify but only time will tell

They also don't fully grasp the conception about self promotion and that very often less is more, especially on the world wide web where it's easy to check up on people

Now add in that if you do right by someone they will remember it to the next time you deal with them, if you don't they will remember it forever. Hence the negativity surrounding many of their posts

I've never dealt with them so I have the luxury of observing from the stands, it's quite interesting

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,537 Posts
I think one big problem with this situation is that people tend to be a bit "on guard" with them due to their elaborate descriptions and to what you "actually" get. The finished product seems to be less than described. Its great to have such a passion for Opels and a passion for what you offer. But.... customers don't appreciate smoke being blown up their azz.
I have pictures of the big exhaust system they offer and while yes..... the inlet and exhaust tubes and tips appear to be larger, all said and done, its just the resonator. Its not a complete bigger system. Just one piece of it. Now. If that is what I was looking for then that is what I would have asked for. I may think about buying it eventually, but at this time I need to price out all the other components. I was hoping someone would just offer a complete package stainless 2" system from the header all the way back.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Especially when Gary made it very clear 10 times that nobody is to respond to OU posts.
Well sort of ...
Gary said:
Upon Further Review

The restrictions for posting responses in this forum are being modified to allow reasonable responses to threads and posts. Unrelated or negative posts will continue to be removed.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think one big problem with this situation is that people tend to be a bit "on guard" with them due to their elaborate descriptions and to what you "actually" get. The finished product seems to be less than described. Its great to have such a passion for Opels and a passion for what you offer. But.... customers don't appreciate smoke being blown up their azz.
I have pictures of the big exhaust system they offer and while yes..... the inlet and exhaust tubes and tips appear to be larger, all said and done, its just the resonator. Its not a complete bigger system. Just one piece of it. Now. If that is what I was looking for then that is what I would have asked for. I may think about buying it eventually, but at this time I need to price out all the other components. I was hoping someone would just offer a complete package stainless 2" system from the header all the way back.
Hello,
We do offer large exhaust components, complete or separately from front to rear. Not only do we have a variety of new center and rear mufflers available, just like the custom exhaust we put on Johnny's Evolution One Concept Car that was finished up in the last week. We have an exhaust shop that is right down the street from us that has no problem custom building an entire exhaust system in any size and configuration. They can even be built and completely installed (on a jig so to speak, on one of our cars) and then broken down and sent along to the customer.

Really folks, especially with all the current advancements and rate of new parts being added here at OU, it is always best to call in person and get the real scoop. With the exhaust alone there is a dozen different ways to do it now with us. Please don't think that our Sales Flyers and the shopping cart website is the extent of what we have for sale. We would be glad to provide pictures of various components that have been added to OU's inventory since last years updated exhaust sales flyer. 909-355-OPEL(6735).

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let's Not Loose Sight of the Message of the Thread

Hey Folks,

Please keep in mind that the message of the thread was that there would be a new version of OU's Hillbilly Dyno at the International June Opel Festival and Picnic June 13, 2015. Allowing everybody to interact and play with an engine, bringing bench racing to a new level. Provided that there is enough workers and volunteers to haul it all up the hill to Perris and get it all going in time.

It was discussed by Opel Enthusiast Club Board of Directors members that it may be helpful in providing knowledge and technical advice to as many people as possible at one time. Just like the Club's famous Tech Video 13 shot in Carlisle, PA back in the days when VHS Videos where handed out by Opel Enthusiast Club. We were just trying to add another fun thing going on at the Picnic and OU Crew was excited to have the possibilities. The Engine Test Platform (otherwise known as the OU Hillbilly Dyno) is surely to be an everyday feature in the future for the Opel community.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for the PM. I will try to make it down this coming weekend. I am just about done with my Skpel. Plan on buying a 1970 Opel GT after the summer and will need parts and advice I am sure. Will give you a call to let you know if Saturday works out. I am on call 24/7 for my company, but normally the weekends are pretty quiet.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Sorry, did not make it by there today, was late heading to a cruise night and traffic was, well SoCal good. I will get by there in the next week or so.
I was in the area on Friday afternoon as I was visiting an old friend in the hospital in Torrance, CA. It is 90 miles (odometer and Google) from the hospital to my daughter's home in the north end of Temecula and I made it in just under 4 hours! :ugh::ugh::ugh: My wife now agrees with me that we can never move back! :yup:

Doug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts