Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would be interested in getting a 5 speed tranny for my opel and ive heard of the getrag transmission that fits the opel, how much do they cost (used) and where can i find one?

·
Opeler
15 Posts
Jordan, OGTS sells them Getrag 5s link as do several other Opel sources. Prices seem to range from $599 for an unmodified transmission to $1299 for a complete conversion kit, but please check around.

·
Opeler
53 Posts
I have been considering this 5 speed thread also. There is some difference of opinion regarding the Getrag transmission gearshift ratios and performance. Opelspyder has installed a Chevette 5 speed in his GT and seems pleased with the fit and performance. So, which transmissions are out there that work well for upgrade swaps? What modifications are necessary to get them to work and what about the speedo drive? I am specifically interested in the Getrag (which is covered pretty well in several threads), the Chevette (this posting from Opelspyder http://www.opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159), and the S-10 pickup 5 speed that I have read about being used also.

Jump right in.

Bill and the FrankenOpel
Pass me the hammer; I'm sure it will fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts