Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,537 Posts
Thats really cool!!!Looks as tho most of them are in very nice condition!! I'll bet he has got some very rare items accumulated over the years! I'm jealous!:veryhappy
Joe

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
I can't understand why anyone would want to have more than 1 old Opel....:lmao:

·
Living in the past
2,280 Posts
German with 40 Asconas

Some of the 1.2 liter Asconas were exported to France. I had a 4 Dr. with a 1.2. Changed the drive line in it to 1.9 and sold the 1.2 to a SCCA racer for more than I paid for the whole car. Wish I still had that one, it was a great driver.

·
Viking
862 Posts
I can understand the love for Asconas. I miss my first Ascona too. Was an A with 1.6 S. Wish I never had sold it. Something special with that first car. Lots of memories. I was 18 then, and all those pretty girls....

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,896 Posts
opelnut10 said:
Some of the 1.2 liter Asconas were exported to France. I had a 4 Dr. with a 1.2. Changed the drive line in it to 1.9 and sold the 1.2 to a SCCA racer for more than I paid for the whole car. Wish I still had that one, it was a great driver.
and allot to belgium because of the taxes, they are taxed by engine power,and not like us here in Holland by weight of the car, and I'm lucky my car is older then 25 years so I don't have to pay any tax any more

·
1000 Post Club
1,409 Posts
:banana: that is an awesome collection of asconas...someday i hope to have a building that big to do all the work on my opels, but then again if i have a building that big then i may end up having as many opels as he does...:banana:

·
Opeler
94 Posts
Lets see, I want a.......

Commodore B coupe, Monza and a Manta 400. All must be RHD, though.
Ascona A never made it to these shores, the nearest equivalent GM car sold here was Vauxhall Viva.
Twenty years ago I saw a pair of Commo A and B coupes in a workshop..NOT FOR SALE..and never to be seen again. A bowling alley owner had a Monza but he wanted a lot of money for,it dissappeared as well sometime in the 90s.
Have a good week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts