Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,881 Posts
Can you post your data plate? I think it's on the cowl??? I don't know Mantas that well, but the data plate will have a code. I can tell you the paint color name with that code.

I have a 1973 Buick / Opel dealer binder and it says Flame Red was not an option on the Manta Luxus. So, the color I would name off hand won't work. Looking at the interior options, it shows that there was a deep burgundy (code M) paint that went to a dark brown interior. Doing some more research, looks like Opel had a burgundy paint with code 501. The PPG code was 50930, for an acrylic lacquer paint.

·
Über Genius
9,582 Posts
The color on the outside of the car doesn't show well. Check the color of the door jambs or in the trunk.

·
Opeler
129 Posts
yes it's deep burgundy just very faded which is super common. My folks bought this color combo on a 73 manta luxus and it faded badly.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Unfortunately, even armed with one of the old Ditzler numbers, I have not found a paint supply house yet that has the formulation. Their advise to me was to bring them a part to scan that is not faded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts