Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to touch up chips in my paint.

My point is this: go to a car paint suplpy shop and get fast cut rubbing compound.I mistakenly thought my car needed a paint job... I think I can get it looking 95 % good with compound,primer,and custom mixed touch up into aerosol cans..

walmart/comsumer ground compond won't do the job

my 2 cents

PS: I need an electric buffer ..what do you recommend?

Attachments

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
choose 1 0r 2

Hey Bucky...its Bucky.. your opel conscience is talking to you.

what is wrong with the cheap one (polisher)...with the money left over I could buy a 1inch front sway bar from ogts and still have enough left over to buy a six pack(AKA medicine).

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops

wrong picture..I am using my kids computer..
let me try again..I will erase the other as soon as I find out how.

Attachments

·
335 Posts
Bucky, I hope the compound route works for you but... the paint was dead on the Kadett I had when I was a kid, I can remember having to compound it every 6 months or so just to keep the paint shining at all. Maybe your paint is in better shape than mine was but a paint job would have sure saved me a lot of rubbing. I didn't have a buffer.:(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bucky, I would think the cheap buffer would be adequate for your needs. Celeste's paint looks restorable and red always requires some ongoing maintainance. Just use light pressure so that you don't burn the paint- you've got the skills.
I'm interested in what is going on with that blister on the RR quarter? Hopefully it is not cancer, requiring surgery.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wen polisher

I bought the wen polisher new on ebay for $15 +shipping was $15
so $30 total..there are others if anyone else wants one.

the guy at the car paint place...said my blistered - peeled areas are just "thick paint material" not bondo or rust.

he suggested I chip it out, then he sold me some peroxide based catalyst-glaze to fill it in with-.I will follow his steps..and get it posted

PS: truman- did you see my quartz movt clock?I think it is going to work well too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts