Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Driver
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out driving yesterday and saw this car that I could not identify. That doesn't happen often. The only markings on it were "Esperante".
I came home and did a search and found out it is a Panoz. Sweet car!
It was a black coupe. Can be mine for only about $100K!
I like Opels better :)

Attachments

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,115 Posts
surprised you seen one of those!!!........one wicked american machine right there. we need more american companies like Panoz, so we can whip the **** outta them little jap rice burners and the euro cars, not to mention the italians kill just about anything with the ferarri and lamborghini.

·
Driver
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even though the Tech market dropped, there is still some big money boys running around Austin in some pretty pricey cars. I see Ferrari's and Lamborghini's running around occasionally too. But I have yet to see any Opels (on the road). So which is more rare?? :D

·
Super Moderator
9,826 Posts
Panoz

Panoz has an great interest here in Jawja (Georgia, for non-southerners ;) )
Panoz is based in Braselton, GA right next to Road Atlanta, which they own, which is right next door to BBS' distribution facility here in the S.E. USA. and right down the road, on the other side of I-85 is YearOne, resto for all things GM and Chryco. Panoz also owns Chateau Elan, one of the best wineries in the S.E. USA and a great place to spend a weekend. I will be going to Road Atlanta this coming weekend for the "Walter Mitty Challenge" I'm looking forward to it! :D :D

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
If I am not mistaken, we had a Panoz race engineer on this site a year or so back. He owned a couple of ITB race cars, including an Ascona sedan, and a street GT. We haven't heard from him for a while, but he was quite complimentary to his Opels.

·
Registered
36 Posts
[B]is it American?[/B]

Another nice tvr looky-likey. Looks like a porsche from front. Cannot keep up with motors at all nowday's. 2 many companies, 2 many cars and they all pretty much look the same. Hats' off to the few that still can make a good'ens

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,115 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
I found "our" Panoz member. He is aka JML, and he is the Chief Development Engineer for road cars at Panoz. And he also has a Manta. Three Opels in his stable, and he could drive a Panoz whenever he wants to . Take THAT you other less desirable (albeit more collectible) car groups!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.