Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking at A 73 GT for $150, it turns over and is for the most part solid, or it was last time i saw it 2 years ago, its been sitting in a scrapyard for a long while. i would be building it for a friend. what is the pricing/parts availability for these? im really new to them, just tell me a little about them.

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, its just i really dont have a spot for it, my dads bitching at me for my 3 cars already, but if i built it i would most likely keep it at the girls house. can you tell me average costs of things i would most likely need and where to get them?

thanks

·
Opeler
30 Posts
If you haven't seen it in 2yrs it's nearly impossible to tell now. If you get a couple pics and post it I'm sure we could help some. There's no telling what's been taken from it in the last 2yrs by other opelers.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
minn.

Other Opelers might not be too big a concern in Minnesota. I know at one point in time over half of the Opels in SD were titled in my name.

I would be much more concerned with rust though. Give it a thorough once over with a body man and be realistic about what you can afford to fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nothing, i talked to the dude a few months ago and he said that nobodys said anything about it or showed interest, so im sure its the same as i saw it.

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
SAve the GT

hey, PLEASE SAVE THAT GT for all of us opelers out there.I mean come on $150. you can prolly fix it up to an every day driver for about 3,000, to 5,000. hell, you might be able to turn it into a show car for 5,000, never know. look at it this way, if you dont want it after you buy it, sell it whole or part it out. I need some parts restoring my 71' so I'd prolly buy some from you.I'm 15 and want to get it restored by the time i'm 16, so if any one out there has any good parts for cheap let me know. good luck opeling.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
talk to me through here or email [email protected] if you need parts. i have alot of miscelanious stuff, and i also am 15 hoping to have the car done for my 16th in 4 months. just need paint and a gasket set!!! good luck to you, i know its rough bein our age with these cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im 14 in a week, but believe me i know my cars....well, volkswagens, but my dad is already bitching at me to "finish up one project before i start another" but i got my bug running, actually you all should check out my website, itll show you my baja and all the work ive done on it. the problem with getting the car is it is in wisconsin, and i will be there on the 24th but theyre gonna be closed, and i got no way to haul it home. i suppose i could pick it up this summer and work on it out there at my moms, but i would rather get my vega going, i was thinking of building the opel for a girl, unless any of you want it ill hook you up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its like halfway between madison and milwaukee, in watertown, jefferson county, any of this familiar? i have more town names near there if this doesnt help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow just looking at your locations, youre all relatively close, michigan, wisconsin, illinois, is there many people in like oregon/california?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts