Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Opel GT, SR20 engine
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

I was scanning at the Opel GT source and it seems I cannot find an antenna on its parts list.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I looked in to this a while back before deleting mine. Seems it's a a generic '70s part used on a range of Porsche, BMW, Merc and I dare say many more. Search Google for this part number and you'll find many options pretty cheap. 921-060-004

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
Opel GT, SR20 engine
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked in to this a while back before deleting mine. Seems it's a a generic '70s part used on a range of Porsche, BMW, Merc and I dare say many more. Search Google for this part number and you'll find many options pretty cheap. 921-060-004

Cheers,
Nick
Ty Nick

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,557 Posts
They originally had locking antennas. The cars came with an extra key for them. Most of us delete the antenna and put a patch over the hole, then use a modern inside the car antenna, like an electric one that sticks to the windshield.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
this is what I did if it helps your decision any
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: soybean

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
The OEM antennas were made by a company called Hirschmann. It was a manual 3 sectioned antenna. It had a plastic cap that covered the tip and covering the "locking" slot that you could insert a key and pull the antenna out to adjust..

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm away from home at the moment and do not have access to my parts purchase records, but I seem to recall that the antenna for a 1970-76 Porsche 914 fits. They are available at a fairly nominal cost

·
Registered
709 Posts
View attachment 438392
I was scanning at the Opel GT source and it seems I cannot find an antenna on its parts list.
Opel GT Source often has parts not on current list. Call them for current availability.
I got this one from Gil years ago, comparable to OEM.
It is only a bump when pushed down, and about 30 - 36 inches when extended.

Attachments

·
Opeler
946 Posts
Opel GT Source often has parts not on current list. Call them for current availability.
I got this one from Gil years ago, comparable to OEM.
It is only a bump when pushed down, and about 30 - 36 inches when extended.
I’ve got one of those too that I found on eBay a few years ago, it’s a Hirschmann.

·
Registered
Opel GT, SR20 engine
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the input guys. If you have a spare antenna I am willing to purchase it. Shipping NY USA.

·
Opeler
2 Posts
View attachment 438392
I have the antenna salvaged from a 1970 GT front end that was used to repair my own 1970 GT. I know that it works as I used it to find out if the (also salvaged) radio worked and I did get reception. You can have it for the shipping if you want. Contact me at 860-315-2375. It is in Connecticut.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts