Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passenger front caliper bolt direction, I'm assuming it is the same as the drivers side, left loosey and right tighty. Is that correct as it seems not to move.

I got the driver side caliper off, the passenger is not coming off. and its hard to get a good position to use a racket and break it loose. I have the car on jack stands.

I've tried to use my impact wrench and loosen them (there are 2 holding the caliper).

Help... I've had PB on them for a week.

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
1,103 Posts
Turn wheel to one side for a better angle and use 1/2" breaker bar and 6 point socket. Smack the bolt heads with a hammer to help the PB penetrate.

If you are using a flex joint between your impact wrench and the impact socket, the flex joint will absorb around half of the impact force. So take any such flex joint out if you can. Turn up the air pressure too.

And an air rachet will not do it.

·
Opeler
1,358 Posts
You need leverage and a lot of it, so use a 1/2" breaker bar with a 6 point socket or impact socket and slide a 6 foot cheater pipe over the breaker bar handle. You will break it loose with this setup!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm back from me UK holiday trip.

I've forgotten the direction of the seal for the front wheel bearing for the front hub assembly. Does anyone know off hand, does the flatter side (though it does had a notch) face outward or inward. :) thanx.

·
Opel Rallier since 1977
1,103 Posts
I assume you mean that one face of the wheel bearing seal is almost flat and the other side is not even close to flat? If so, the 'flat' side faces out when you install it in the hub. Whan you put the assembly on the car, the 'flat' face will be towards the spindle (towards the center of the car).

So how was merry old England, and where did you go? And why did you not bring me some Pirelli tyres in carry-on? LOL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I assume you mean that one face of the wheel bearing seal is almost flat and the other side is not even close to flat? If so, the 'flat' side faces out when you install it in the hub. Whan you put the assembly on the car, the 'flat' face will be towards the spindle (towards the center of the car).

So how was merry old England, and where did you go? And why did you not bring me some Pirelli types in carry-on? LOL
lol.
thanx. I went to Bristol. We saw bath and went to stonehenge. All other times I was working and wasn't able to see much.
This time, vacation, no work.
Many bars, a lot of walking, and seeing friends...

tires on a carry on, that would be interesting... :)

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts