Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Patrick
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well phase 1 has begun. The car is off to New Vintage to get it's new 2.0 motor installed and a makeover. I won't be having the suspension, tires or interior on this round. Just the motor and exterior. She will be painted REDLINE RED. I'll post pictures as she progresses. :cool:

Attachments

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
You deserve it!

Was that Keiths car that sat in Napa for years or something like that. Did you buy it on ebay, ship it to CO and now back to Tennessee?

Crazy what these Opels make us do.

·
Patrick
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, she made it. She was a little too skinny for the ride..... When was the last time you were able to say that... LOL. Do your magic Keith... :cool:

·
Opel Key Master
5,130 Posts
Pullin' it apart. I forgot how much this car needed attention in the engine bay. Had a little issue with a bolt that kept turning on the passenger side headlight mechanism...a little torch action needed.

Attachments

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,833 Posts
Way cool!

Dude! This is waaay cool that we can watch your car being restored a bit by Keith. Neato!

Hey Keith, I guess this former car of yours that was displayed at NAPA isn't the same former of yours that was displayed at NAPA that was a convertible? Wasn't that one blue, also?

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Yea, she made it. She was a little too skinny for the ride..... When was the last time you were able to say that... LOL. Do your magic Keith... :cool:
Track too narrow for the trailer ?

Looks like the exact same type of trailer they tried to use to transport my TR6 fron NC down to GA, the driver bailed and it was picked up by another type of trailer later in the day

·
Opel Key Master
5,130 Posts
The tire in front rode on top of the inner edge. Needless to say I had to walk it down while he slowly let the slack off the winch. At one point we both had to get whole of the rear end and shift it over to one side.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
The tire in front rode on top of the inner edge. Needless to say I had to walk it down while he slowly let the slack off the winch. At one point we both had to get whole of the rear end and shift it over to one side.
Mhm, same thing that happened to me then and certainly gets your pulse up when you see something like that. I don't get why they even use trailers in that configuration as there has to be a bunch of stuff they can't transport on them, like ATV's and things like that, seems like they're imposing unneeded restrictions on themselves

Anyways, nothing bad happened and one anxious car owner waiting to get his car back I'm guessing .....

·
Patrick
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was surprised at how little rust there was on a car this old.... :cool3:

·
Opel Key Master
5,130 Posts
Setting up the body kit. After years of the side skirts being produced, we had to cut the driver's side because it is always too short. The last three I had to do this to, so already put it in the planning stages.
Keith

Attachments

·
Patrick
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the update Keith.... Rock on....

·
Opel Key Master
5,130 Posts
Welded holes up, fitted front bumper and bonded the bodykit on. I was able to finish sandblasting the parts and the door jambs and hinges as well. Now we can start bodywork

Attachments

1 - 20 of 306 Posts