Opel GT Forum banner

281 - 300 of 306 Posts

·
Patrick
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Snap Screw ?

Looks to me like the snap screws on the spare tire cover are 1/2 inch... Is that right and where can I get them. Ace hardware doesn't have them here in town.

·
Patrick
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Proper way to replace a VIN tag?

What is the Law Enforcement acceptable way to replace a tired old VIN tag?????

Attachments

·
Opel Key Master
5,131 Posts
I bought a press to do these tags, but needed to buy the letters that were smaller. No problems if you are doing it for your car, if you are being fraudulent, then there is some issues. I can clean up your tag though, or tell you how. I would stick to the original tag just because if you try to stamp that new tag, it can distort easily.

·
Patrick
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
Point taken... The old tag has history I should just leave it alone.... :)

I bought a press to do these tags, but needed to buy the letters that were smaller. No problems if you are doing it for your car, if you are being fraudulent, then there is some issues. I can clean up your tag though, or tell you how. I would stick to the original tag just because if you try to stamp that new tag, it can distort easily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
pherrley your private message box is full. I would like to ask you a question...

about this project, but would like to keep it private. Thanks.

·
Patrick
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Does anyone one Know someone who can???

Does anyone one Know someone who can make something like this for our door sills???

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,688 Posts
Does anyone one Know someone who can make something like this for our door sills???
I know a few shops, but tooling is the bee-yotch. Stainless is fairly hard to form so throw-away tooling doesn't work.

Probably $1500-$2000 for tooling. Makes the first set of trim expensive. After 500 sets though, it's not too bad!

·
Patrick
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Special Tools ?

Is there a special tool to put these on?? If so what is it called and where can I get one?

Attachments

·
Senior Contributor
1,599 Posts
Is there a special tool to put these on?? If so what is it called and where can I get one?
Those clips are for the felt strip on the back of the door panels for the window scraper
I would use at least 15-17 clips to fasten them to make rubber install straight along door edge.... no special tool needed
Install the with the ears to the inside of panel twist then lightly tap w/ hammer unit it's set..pretty easy to do.

Attachments

Reactions: pherrley

·
Senior Contributor
5,022 Posts
I used a piece of wood that fit inside them, like 3/8" x 1 1/2" x 12" long. After I put them in place I used the piece of wood with a light hammer to make sure they were seated properly in the channel.

Reactions: pherrley
281 - 300 of 306 Posts