Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Valve holes for Fuel Injected system.

I've seen a couple of threads through here concerning the routing of the two vent holes in the valve over of a 1.9 engine. I also saw the write ups on how plugging those holes will cause oil leakage.

Here's my situation. The PO installed a 2.0 fuel injection system on a bored out 1.9 to 2.0. In the process, he routed the smaller hole to the manifold (I'm not with the car now, so I'm not sure where). The larger hole was plugged.

I have also seen pictures in other locations of the larger hole being plugged on injected cars.

Does anybody have a diagram, or pictures, or descriptions of where the crankcase ventilation lines should run for a F.I. engine.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
On the '75 injection system there is only one hole in the valve cover and its hose connects to the large hose between the throttle body and air flow meter. I would assume the 2.0 system would be similar, but I don't know for sure.

-Travis

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
On all the cars I've got or seen the large hose goes to the air cleaner or air inlet system. the smaller hole is for the intake. The routing is such that clean air after the air cleaner filter is routed to the top of the rocker arm covers and is then pulled into the intake by vacuum. As it travels around inside the engine it pulls vapors and blowby into the intake to be burned by the normal combustion process. This is how it works even on my V-6 mod. HTH.

Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts