Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
U-2 Driver
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in southern Gerogia, and was wondering if anyone could recomend a machine shop that would do my head. I would like to put in some bigger valves and new cam....If anyone has had any recent exp, please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
13,841 Posts
Do you know of Rockdale Imports, I think they're in Conyers? Harold there raced Opels at one time, maybe he still does. Anyway he might have a lead on a reputable shop for Opel head work in the area.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
13,841 Posts
BQS4 said:
Bob;
You know Harold!?!?!? :eek:
Well, I sold him parts and spoke on the phone regularly since about '90 until I closed C & R down. And I knew of him years prior to that when I worked for Carl and Smitty when they owned C & R before me. I used to see all the names on the packages going out since I did a lot of the shipping duties back then, and his sticks in my memory (along with Marty Reimer for some reason!) as going WAYYY back.

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
Bob;
Till I got a pc (in '97) Harold was the only one I knew and dealt with as far as Opels go. We have swapped parts and cars back and forth since the mid-70's. I remember Harolds green, then white Manta race car in the C&R catalog, now I know how it got in there ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
T-6 Driver;
Harold's number is 770-922-0067, he's on Hwy 138 in Conyers, GA, about 3 miles north of I-20.
Gene

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got a 2.0 Head...it will bolt right up to a 1.9L block. It's already been ported and polished...the valves are still the same size tho. I work about 5 miles from where Harold is. don't know him tho.

·
U-2 Driver
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I spkoe with Harold, what a relief it is to speak with someone who knows what they are doing. Harold did not give me a price, but could you PM me if you are intrested in parting with your 2.0 head.

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
Neal;
I was "the guy standing there" when you called Harold. I have a head and a timing cover that he suggested. I have to check to see if the head has any visible cracks in it.
Gene

·
U-2 Driver
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool, let me know, if the shipping is going to be too much, I might just have to drive, or fly up there to pick it up. Let me know, and thanx fro the help. I have to get my GT "driveable before I move to where ever uncle sam sends me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts