Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a problem, as I've read all the threads concerning Pertronix before I started on mine. The question is, is the spacer required on top of the base plate? Also, the screw on the base plate that takes the place of the points screw, would you add blue loctite when it is installed? Or is this overkill, or a moot point since if the spacer is installed, the screw can't back out. Thanks, Jarrell

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
I just installed my petronix last weekend without the spacer. She started right up. No problems yet. Good Idea on the loctite.

· Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed the Pertronix yesterday, and upon doing it correctly, as you said jlthunder, the spacer wasn't needed. I wasn't seating the magnet on the distibuter far enough. Wired it as per instructions found here, (board and Ottos) and as printed from them. Three revolutions of the engine and she was alive again! Hopefully I'll be able to road test it tommorrow. Thanks all, Jarrell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.