Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering how uh, 'important' that phenolic spacer by the fuel pump is. On account of mine is now a three piece unit, and in a trash can at work. Car seems to run fine, not sure what the point is, however i'm sure it is important.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
it would make the fuel pump rod travel farther, might wear the spring out faster and it might wear the cam lobe on the distributor out faster too, if you pay shipping i'll give you one..........

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
Without it you'll eventually rupture the diaphragm in the fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
fuel pump spacer

I'm glad this subject came up as my son and I were wondering if we should wait til Monday to order one or if we should proceed to assemble it w/o the spacer. I think we'll wait
Craig

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
GM Cost Accountants!

GM has these people that figure out that if you can delete a $1 item from a car build then they save $1 million from making 1 million cars! So if a part is there from the factory then it needs to be there. Or so it seems to me. ;)

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
i always thought Phenolic Spacers were there as a heat block as in the one under the carb
if its on the pump then it must be to stop the pump from boiling at rest and vapour locking
jm2cw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts