Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Likely old news for you guys... but I couldn't find any posts on it, and am curious what the story is :confused:

In two shop manuals I find this same photo in engine R&R section-
Check out the shaped nose around driving lights... and huge wraparound turn signals (would hate to find a replacement lens for that!)

Seems odd that a modified car would be used for a manual... so, is it OEM?

-Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
I believe they used a pre-production model in the shop pics.

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
Scott McDonald said:
I believe they used a pre-production model in the shop pics.
That's what I have been told as well. Here is an early advertisement with the same car. Note the extended front side markers, the lack of the Blitz on the nose, and the rubber strip on the bumper, as well as the faired-in lower marker lights mentioned above.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
AND dual side mirrors!

kwilford said:
That's what I have been told as well. Here is an early advertisement with the same car. Note the extended front side markers, the lack of the Blitz on the nose, and the rubber strip on the bumper, as well as the faired-in lower marker lights mentioned above.
Also notice the DUAL side mirrors! :eek:

·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
am I seeing DUAL antenna?

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Holes!

...and the two holes below the "nostrils" and above the bumper - for Rallye lights? With the rubber faced bumper it is more likely to be a never-produced 1974 model .. ?? Or, perhaps a special Rallye conversion - all those washer nozzles hint at that too. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
GTJIM said:
With the rubber faced bumper it is more likely to be a never-produced 1974 model .. ??
No, the photos shown are in the '69 FSM, and the advert I posted was from late '68, so it was not a '74 prototype, which is posted below. I also found the second photo, which I believe was of a clay mock up, as it shows a couple headlight location choices, and the shorter marker light.

Attachments

·
1,973 Posts
wasn't there a red GT on ebay with a similar rear bumper about a week ago?

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Yes!

Yes! Clay mock-up would explain the different postions for the two sets of screen washer nozzles and the paired radio ariels/mirrors - cut and try for best postion stuff.

Yes! Again - I remember seeing a rear bumper like the '74 model on the back of a GT for sale on eBay too.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
the tread on the tire in that pick looks exactly like the tread on my spare tire which i believe is the origanal.

·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shop manual car is registered?

is this a European plate- or a dummy?

Also, been looking for more photos of same rig in book... is brake fluid canister ever inboard of radiator member on GT models?

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts