Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha from sunny Canada! :rolleyes: Yeah, a man can hope... It's freezing and snowy here, so I've been stuck inside and playing with Photoshop lately. Just trying out some new ideas for the car.

I hope the original picture owner doesn't mind me using this pic. It's a great pic!

For the paint, I was aiming for a titanium grey, but starting with a picture of a red car it made it really really hard. The closest I could get was this maroonish grey color. I started by shaving the front side markers and replacing them with more modern front fender marker lights. The rims are some I found on the internet, I have no idea what the name of them is, but I really want to find out! The headlights I'm still not sure about yet. I like the stock ones in the down position, but the up position just wrecks the looks, so I was considering a Hella headlight upgrade. I think it looks ok and would save some weight. The bumpers will have no bumperettes and the side mirrors will be rounded 'california' style units.

What's the verdict? Yay or nay?

Oh, and what's the name of the body kit on this one? The "California" unit from OGTS that uses the Porsche 944 lights?

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
That is the california setup. Just my opinion I would go with the other front air dam that has twin light openings and leave the roll over lights alone. it leaves the lines alone and gives you some light on the subject. I am not sure if it would be legal, but why not. That's just my opinion, but I like the stock lights up or down.

·
179 Posts
Nice... Very similar route that I want to travel down.

Love the rims... gotta find out what they are.

I want to shave the door handles too.

I would leave the headlights alone... Even though they mess up the body lines when open, they add a peculiar look and aura to the car.

Gray cars look too much like primered cars... Go for something that stands out... like a yellow, blue, or red.

Just my $0.02

On a side note... how do you change just the color of the car in Photoshop and not the chrome or background?

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
make a new layer and set it as color mode. Then I think you can figure it out.

This picture is a 5 minute job I did....

Attachments

·
179 Posts
did that... added a color layer but it turns the entire picture that tint. Do I then erase the layer wherever I don't want it? Is there an easier way?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Use the polygonal lasso tool to select the body, with that tool and ctrl pressed you can cut out the parts inside it (lights, chrome, etc.). Once you have just the body selected copy&paste it so it makes a new layer with just the body, now press ctrl + U and play around.

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Color over the whole body and then use the eraser tool at 50% / 50% and start erasing with the paintbrush (airbrush) while zoomed in.

I am not friends with the lasso!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
All you guys are going way too complicated on this.

If it's a picture like the one above where a color is only used on the car and nothing in the background, select Image->Adjustments->Selective Color. Pick what color the car is, then move the slider bars until it matches the color you're looking for. Albeit, it only allows you to go to different levels of that spectrum (red becomes purple, pink, green, maybe blue if you push it). Saves time anyways if you just want to do minor changes, and do them cleanly.

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Excelsior said:
make a new layer and set it as color mode. Then I think you can figure it out.

This picture is a 5 minute job I did....
This is very good photoshop design :)
Thnx.

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
There is a MUCH easier way to go about this, but I have since forgotten and have failed all attempts at it again. Uggg, photoshop 5, me 1!

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Hey Dan,

Where did you find the pic of that car. Im looking through the gallery and thought it would be faster if I just ask you. I love this guys car and it is what I am planning on doing to mine, except black or dark blue.

I've asked this guy questions in the past and he is good to answer them and I had a suspension question for him.

Hes a member of the board but I cant remember what his member name is.

Thanks if you can help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts