Opel GT Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Seller wasn't to much help. Haha

His reply...
As far as we know it fits any of the standard ratios fitted to the RA18 axle - so the axle MUST be an RA18, please see:

The video has no sound and is just the rebuilding of an Ascona rear end... with spider gears. Is there a standard gear ratio for Ascona's?
The Ascona/Manta 400 uses the Commodore style axle which has a physically larger diff that won't fit in a GT etc housing, but the axle shaft spline count and diameter is the same as on the GT etc shafts. The standard 400 gear ratio is 3,18:1 and is very rare with only a few hundred cars made.
CIH engined Manta/Ascona B's could be had with several ratios depending of the engine. 3.44:1 3,67:1 3,89:1 4,11:1 and 4,30:1

·
Senior Contributor
5,034 Posts
And yet another pinion bearing reference. Koyo 57147-N which appears to be 25.4mm ID x 68.26mm OD x 22.23mm Wide. For some reason I wrote the word "small" next to it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks for the info, Mark and Commodåren. Back to the LSD drawing board.....

Keep them coming Jeff! Haha I assume small would be the outside (front) pinion bearing.

·
Senior Contributor
5,034 Posts
Well here's the work sheet that resulted in .0065" backlash using .049 and .040 shims. Having a little trouble attaching the image on my phone, hope it works.

BTW the Gripper was purchased through TJ Motorsport in the UK for $1400

Attachments

41 - 45 of 45 Posts