1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my hands on an '85 GTE Manta Hatch
Paid £62 on ebay for it
Spent £110 in diesel collecting it from the other end of the country

Obviously its full of rust (What do you expect for that price??) but I'm having trouble with the ignition system...

Does anyone have the color codes for the wires on the ignition column and the part number for the relay near the Battery (4 pin with green wiring)

Please help, I just want to hear the engine to make me feel better about the rust...

The car has all it original fittings, plus the addition of a FSE boost valve, and once restored should be lovely ;) , if anyone knows any companies that will supply the UK with realistic prices of panels please let me know also...

Thanks
Martin

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
B info

Martin,
Check the OMOC site, they are much more familiar with the B series cars...
www.mantaclub.org
rgds, Rob.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
hi martin and welcome , just think im looking at going to maidstone to get a good runner for free at the weekend :D

omoc is brit based and seem good folks they should be able to help if not look in the local scrappy for cavaliers as its the same if its rear wheel drive
theres a bloke in the southeast who does opel bits but i cant remember his name at the mo
when gtjim comes on he will know as he got stuff from him i think

get to the doctors and get inoculated now as these opels are something that gets in the blood and can effect you the rest of your life :D

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
You Called, Master?

baz said:
theres a bloke in the southeast who does opel bits but i cant remember his name at the mo
when gtjim comes on he will know as he got stuff from him i think
THe "bloke" refused to deal with me because I was "foreign" - would not even let me get my Freight Forwarding agent pick stuff up directly from him!
So be sure the let him know that "Jim from New Zealand "recommended" him to you........
Graham Edwards, Only Opels in Orpington, Kent www.onlyopels.co.uk
HTH

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
BTW,

any of your parts come in yet jim? seems like they outta be showing soon.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Not Yet!

greensmurf20 said:
BTW,

any of your parts come in yet jim? seems like they outta be showing soon.
Jared, Been missing you on the chat for several days. Nothing arrived yet but I have been waiting out by the letterbox every day! Rest assured I shall let you know the moment one of the parcels does arrive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts