Opel GT Forum banner

Please Help me get rid of parts

2K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  opelbits 
#1 ·
I have a 71 opel gt that is my project and its taking awhile to complete. The city is now on my ass to move my car out of site some stupid regulation. Or i get fined.

Please help me get rid of the following I will give away for free if you come pick up.
I have the following

2 1.9 liter engines stock opel one runs good the other dont know
3 Carburetors 2 webers and 1 solex 1 weber was rebuilt dont know which
2 transmissions 1 auto 1 manual
1 tranny oil cooler for auto
1 Winshield and such assorted items

I would appreciate this much if you guys came to get free opel parts i need to get rid of them soon or i get fined Please contact me via e-mail opelracing@netzero.com
Or phone 661-965-0314

Iam located in a california desert called palmdale approximatly 1 hour north of Los angeles

Please help me out

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmmm, free, huh? That's a long way to drive for anything free. But, I would be more than happy to buy the Webers from you.
Interested?

#4 · (Edited)
Opel parts

I dont know how we are going to resolve the issue since you are both willing to pay for it however you dont exactly have to drive here you can have fed ex pick it up or something im not paying for shipping though should not be too much anyways let me know if you need all three or which one you would like.

#5 ·
Opel parts

Just to let everyone know the free parts are on a first come first serve unless you are willing to pay then you get priority and of course highest bigger always wins however if no one offers to buy the part then you get for free if you are the first to want it i just had this problem and would like to clear that up.

Thank you

#8 ·
Opel parts

Sorry for the delays on response on the web because i have been getting many phone calls for the parts.

So here goes note the carbs are still under debate on who is going to pay they are under heavy demand and every one wants them i have people checking out the following

This week

Engines
Trannies
Rims
And extra stuff

Please note if i tell you parts are unavailable you can make them available by offering money.

Sorry to have to do this but i didnt know those parts where a treasure trove for us opel nuts

Please note if you are in california you are welcome to come and see my parts also calling ahead is better for me. I usually check e-mail once a day while i answer my phone all the time.

#9 ·
Attention

The following parts are avaiable as of today

1 1.9 engine
1 Auto tranny
3 carbs 2 webers 1 solex

Also some other parts are still available

Just to let the people know who are showing up
I have parts that i forgot i had i just gave away an alternator that i had rebuilt and used for 2 hours
So ask me what else i have i may forget

#10 ·
Parts

As follows all parts are unavailable except for 1 engine no response from any one on that im sure some one might take it this saturday. hopefully also i have a parts car that may still have some useable parts kinda trashed interior missing roof but you can get axels rack and pinion and such
I want some one who is willing to take the whole thing has no papers though they were lost the car was not stolen.

Any one want it before i cut it up and trash it?

#11 ·
Hey!-
Tony here. If you cut it up, what kind of shape is it in? I sure could use a pair of rear quarter panels......rust free, of course....

#13 ·
Well, if it's not rusty, then you should have no problem selling it, too. I'm sure someone will want the whole car. Dents are much easier to deal with than rust.

But if you do cut it up, keep me in mind.

#17 ·
Fantastic news

All my old opel stuff is out of my life now thanks to the opel nuts who came to pick them up i apreciate it much.
The city can now kiss my behind becuase my "abandoned" car is now in my garage away from the paint damaging sun.

To opel bits i will send out your part soon havent had time with jury duty and all hopefully i can go tommorrow and have it to you by next week. dont think i have forgoten you.

Anyways thanks again people. You saved my arse " butt "

Also sorry for the late response my computer that i built my self 2 years ago heat overheating problems. my i need to flush its radiator just kidding but it broke down and i fixed it expect to hear from my cars up dates thanks everyone. :D

#18 ·
Hey!-
Sorry to hear about the computer problems. Overheating? Check your timing and run some octane boost (just pour it in the drive slot)!

PM me your address. I can't send money without!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.