Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was putting the head lights back together and the driverside one wont fit at all, I found out that I painted 2 right side covers, are they interchangeble (I hope)? If they're not, whats the difference between them?

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
As the front body work has a slight roll from the top of the fender to the nose. So do the headlight buckets and covers. I've never heard of anyone making a left fit a right, I guess it could be done but I don't think I'd want to do it to a painted cover. I did the same thing while tinting windows. I still have 1 extra pop out already tinted. The difference in these items is a twist left VS. right. You would have to twist it the opposite way to get it to fit.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Jordan, look around the perimeter of the covers. On the edge there is an "L" or a "R". "L" for the driver's side and "R" for the passenger side of the car. HTH.

Ron

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
I know that this doesn't help you immediatly but I see buckets and covers on eBay all the time.

Either that is a part that isnt prone to rusting or a lot of people are converting to a non pop-up set up

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
i think theres a lot for sale since they dont rust as easy as other parts of the gt do and that parts cars have them and when u get them collected up u just want to get rid of um.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I think I have a pair of yellow ones. And green and blue and red and black and....

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Took me parts from three pairs and two new covers to get rust free units.
The used covers were ALL flatened as if they had been sat on by morons.

BTW the small round holes in the covers above the light when open (on) are there for a reason - they are at the bottom when the lights are closed (off) and any water in the buckets drains out through them!

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had 2 sets of covers (2 lefts, 2 rights) so I drenched the better looking left in paint stripper and I will be sanding, priming, sanding, and then painting it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts