Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I find plug wires that don't s*ck? All I want is something suitable for a CD ignition that fits well. The fitting part seems to be the trick. I haven't found any that seem to fit in the distributor cap well.... I'm always having to open up the metal terminal in the wire. As we share distributor caps with VW's I'll probably order something from a BUG shop unless someone else has a suggestion.

Thanks,

-Travis

·
Super Moderator
13,582 Posts
Magnecors. They are aware of the fitment problem on later Opel caps....I sent them a cap years ago, they made a special part number just for that application, since later caps have a taller tower. Don't remember it offhand, but I have a few sets left over in my barn, so I can look up the part number for you tomorrow. Early Opel distributor caps will take 'normal' wires like VW's BTW. They (Magnecor) even did custom coil wires for oddball applications like the Jacob's Ultra coil, which uses an HEI type connection.

They're not cheap, but they last forever virtually.

BTW, there are 3 Bosch part numbers for 1.9 distributor caps, the earliest had a slot for the alignment tab on early distributors, the next style had a tab to fit into the distributor's alignment slot, and the latest style had the same tab but the taller towers. These were the most common, 1971- on.

Bob

·
Certified Opelholic
1,466 Posts
They are pn4586

Magnecor KV85 8.5 mm

thanks to Bob he sent me a set years ago

I use the box for computer disks now Ha ha

you can also get wires from MSD but you will have to crimp your ends on

Good Luck
Davegt74

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the part number lited in their catalog. However, it's listed for '67-'75 so I was a little nervous about ordering....

Dave, which distributor cap style are you running with these wires?

-Travis

·
Super Moderator
13,582 Posts
Travis, that's the correct number, it supercedes the old listing. If you want, I can bring a set with me to Worcester this Saturday at our New England meeting. Let me know.

Bob

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RallyBob said:
Travis, that's the correct number, it supercedes the old listing. If you want, I can bring a set with me to Worcester this Saturday at our New England meeting. Let me know.

Bob
That would be great!

-Travis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts