Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading up on the 2005 POntiac GTO and found some interesting info on a site called "ModernRacer"

Everybody knows the new GTO is based on the Austrailian Holden Monaro, which modern Racer claims is based on a widened, reworked Caddy Catera chassis, which we all know is......AN OPEL!!

So, the last Opel imported to the US has a 400 horse v8 with 6spd manual and IRS? well, heck, Okay!!

Anybody know if this is accurate?

Dave

· Senior Contributor
901 Posts
ultraclyde said:
I was reading up on the 2005 POntiac GTO and found some interesting info on a site called "ModernRacer"

Everybody knows the new GTO is based on the Austrailian Holden Monaro, which modern Racer claims is based on a widened, reworked Caddy Catera chassis, which we all know is......AN OPEL!!

So, the last Opel imported to the US has a 400 horse v8 with 6spd manual and IRS? well, heck, Okay!!

Anybody know if this is accurate?
I think it would be more accurate to say that the GTO is based on the Holden which is based on the Opel and also that the Catera is based on the same Opel. Neither is really an Opel any longer....

-Travis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.