Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know where i can get a 69' 1100 GT. i have not seen it but i'm going to look at it this week, it has clear title, and is in driving condition. its a little rusty and tree fell on it, busted the back window out. not sure if its a auto or 4 speed, unsure of colors. i have not seen the car, and this is the owners description i'm going upon. i will only get it if i can be guaranteed i can get my money back out of it, either by selling it as a whole car, or getting my money back out of it in parts, it was his daily driver until the tree fell on it. i need a minimum of 350 dollars back out of this car....anybody thats possable interested in the car or parts, please post so i have ideas of things to check out before i decide to buy it or not, i can't really keep a 4th GT around. especially after a possability of gettin 2 more today.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wcarter, 150 for auto trans, without motor, but this trans is for a 1.9 that i'm offereing, not a 1.1

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Sup Jared, Know anything about the interior? I may be interested in something from there. The dash? Cracked badly or what? Email me dude, thanks.

Jon

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tom, windshields are worth more than 30-40 bucks, sorry.

Jon, i'll see the interior, if its junk, i just got a 70 GT last night and its got near perfect red interior. the lady has a 72GT with factory air and auto, and she's giving me the white 70 for labor to get her 72 AC car driving again. basically brakes and tune up is what i'm expecting, its sat for 17 years in a garage, and she drove it where it now sits, the motor turns over just as easy by hand as my driving GT, so the motor must not be hurt too awefull bad. i just like the idea of two GTs running around my hometown, and i think it'll be fun to "save" another Opel!!!!

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dads been being a dickhead the last couple days, so tomarrow i'm goin on my own, i think the guy said something about trading it for my 570 liquid cooled exciter....i blew the primary clutch out of it but he wants to put a VMAX 600 in it, my sleds set up for racing, but has a junk motor, so it'd be a killer sleeper, killer motor, small body, racing suspension....i bet i'd fly.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
would anybody give 400 for any part of this car, or the car as a whole? i can't get it as cheap as i was told. so if anybody wants the drivetrain, or whole car, or something of the sort, or just combination of different people wanting parts, if i can get 400 from it, i'll get it when money permits, probably about 2 months unless i sell my 51 packard with custom mounts and crossmembers for a SBC and a 350TH, all chrome and trim, been rustproofed and the whole underside was painted with hamerite paints, only rust is in rear quarters, and i have a set to go with it, if anybody is interested or may know another who wants it, 250 OBO, clear title.

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
jared,
The caldwell-kid needs a 1.1 for his K-wagon badly (see his post). The red interior pieces I could use (as that is the interior color of my white GT) but I don't need the body, really. If you get it down to the interior peices, let me know what you might want for them, as that would save me some rebuild time. By the way, how bad is the body? Is it bent in the middle or just the top?
Barry

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i am not sure of the color of its interior, i havent even seen the car. all i know is it drove 2 years ago, rusty, and the tree fell across the back end.
not sure of interior color either, but if you want red interior let me know.
i have a set of red seats in pretty good shape, have access to a complete car with red interior, not too sure how well it is, looks nice, but i think its brittle, would probably crack easily. i did think i posted for the cadwell kid that i would sell him a motor.

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Ok, I'll get back with you on the seats as soon as I get moved back in with the wife and daughter, sell my little house and build my shop. Hoping to have it done by my birthday in June (mid July at the latest). I do need those red seats so keep me in mind! :rolleyes:

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, i FINALLY went and looked at the GT, ace needs some parts and i need a side marker. sidemarkers, hood, hood hinge, and headlight assemblies are all spoken for. motor runs good, 4 speed trans and rear end is good. it has nice red interior, not sure if i'll get rid of that or not quite yet. it has some goofy opel hubcaps, but have opel insignia right on them. all glass is good, most of the lights are good also. body is bad, not sure if its saveable. car is this weekend, start naming parts, got clear title too.

·
415 Posts
I need the relays from the fuse block. If possible the one up front for the headlight.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i may already have the relays in the shed from previous cars, if not then it'll have to wait for the weekend, you can have the mechanisms too if you'd like.

·
415 Posts
Just the relays right now, umm OK let me know a price for all including the micro switches. I've got good mechanicals but a spare is handy.....

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well, its a big rusty piece of junk. interior is ok, i'll post pics of the whole car later and let you guys know how it runs.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
heres some pics of it, so you know the bodys junk, all your buying is glass and parts. so sad, it was even a flat panel 69

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts